Chapter 1 - Jinx, Leads The Way!

V has been quietly listening to everything Jinx has been saying to him in the last few hours as she shows him the ropes and scopes. The young girl had become sort of an unofficial guide for him to this uncharted place. This place she calls, Zaun, is a hellhole in V's honest opinion. From what he could tell, this Zaun seems like a horrible place to live in. There's a lot of shady characters walking around the streets and the smell of this place almost reminded him from when he was inside the Qlipoth. There's corroded pipework all around and you can see fumes of toxins spray in some places. Zaun is a hell of poor excuse of a polluted shit city. This is certainly not a place a child should live in.

"Gotta say, V, this girl Jinx had it rough. Just like you." Griffon commented while literally hiding inside the pale young man. V may won't admit it but he can indeed see a bit of himself in that girl. He can really see a bit of Vergil within her.

"May I ask, V, are you a mage?" Jinx stopped leading, turning to face V.

V dryly chuckled at the sudden question, "No. I mean yes, I can do a bit of magic but only to a limited extent, young one. Hence why I rely on Griffon."

"Griffon also mentioned Shadow and Nightmare who's inside you?" Jinx questioned hesitantly with skepticism in her face.

"Yes. They're inside me. Watch." V chuckled again and pointed at his arm, showing Jinx his tattoos are moving and morphing around his arm.

"Woah!" Jinx commented with wide eyes of fascination and awe then suddenly she started sneezing.

"What's wrong?" V asked in concern, touching her hand, "You're cold."

Then V realized something that he should have known sooner. He realized he should have already taken Jinx out of the rain and cold sooner.

"It's nothing." Jinx shook her head before sneezing once again and snot suddenly comes out of her nose.

"That's not nothing. You have a common cold." V gently grabs her hand, "Let's go. I'll find us a place to stay. I think I've already learned a lot from the nice tour you have given us."

~~~

Inside a random Inn V found..

"I'll need a room." V spoke to the old woman who's reading a newspaper behind the table while now carrying Jinx on his arms.

"Picking young, aren't we, handsome?" The old woman spoke out, eyeing Jinx with a suspicious look, "Well I'm not here to judge. Room four's available."

V only scoffed at the misunderstanding of the old woman, he doesn't have time for bad jokes right now, "I'll pay later."

"Excited are we? Already can't keep it in your pants?" The old woman added with a smirk, while V ignored her and simply starts heading to Room 4.

Opening the door and seeing the Inn room is decent enough with all the right accessories, V enters inside and quickly sets Jinx on the bed. He places his hand on her forehead, "You're having a fever. Luckily it doesn't seem to be really bad."

Griffon materializes behind V, "Okay you got the room. That's nice and all but how do you expect us to pay it? We're broke, remember."

"Nightmare will take care of it." V quickly answered.

"Nightmare?! Are you out of your mind?! That overpowered blob couldn't tell the difference between a rock and a penny?! Are you sure sending him out to steal wallets from those weirdos outside is a good idea?!" Griffon yelled in worry.

"Complaining will not help us now but hope and faith will. So have those two, will you?" V replied as he looks at the blue demonic bird.

"Yeah right." Griffon rolled his eyes, unconvinced, before entering inside V.