Chapter 2 - Onwards To Piltover!

"All your fault!"

"No. I didn't mean to."

"It was all your fault! You killed us!"

"I was only trying to help! I was only trying to help!"

"You are a Jinx! Nobody loves you! Everyone will leave you including V!"

~

"No!"

Jinx screamed at the top of her lungs with tears in her eyes, only to instantly realize it was all a dream. Finally awake, she sees V leaning against the wall with a book on his hand, quietly reading, "Bad dreams?"

Jinx didn't answer, lowering her head, "You won't leave me, right? You won't abandon me?"

"As I said before, no." V answered quickly, closing the book, "Are you alright?"

"Not really." Jinx slowly said before she feels her hands gently hold by V, "Promise. Promise me you won't leave me."

V smiled, "I promise."

"Thank you." Jinx suddenly hugged V, surprising the young man once again. He wasn't exactly used to hugs but still it felt nice for V. It felt good. Being loved and wanted. It's what he desired in the first place, "So should we get going?"

"Not yet. We're going to buy something to hide ourselves before we head off. Like a cloak so we don't get easily recognized. Do you know a place?" V asked.

"There is one." Jinx nodded.

~~~

Inside a random Thrift Store...

"So how much for this one?" V asked the cashier at the table, putting the dark brown cloak on himself.

"Five cogs." The cashier replied.

"Jinx, are you done searching for your cloak?! Me and V here are waiting!" Griffon yelled, catching the cashier by surprise.

"That bird can talk?!" The cashier questioned with wide eyes.

"Why yes he can." V casually answered him as he gives five cogs to the cashier.

Meanwhile Jinx is looking for a cloak that fits her size however she couldn't find one. She kept looking and looking. Every shelf and every rack, nothing fits her. Everything she sees are for adults.

She almost finally gave up til something catches her eye. On the far corner was a hanger and on it a leather red jacket with a hoodie however what really caught her interest is the stylized skull logo with dual pistols embroidered on it's back. Not to mention, it's not for an adult. It's for kids.

"Cool." Jinx whispered with a smile before she instantly picks it up and then ran back to V, showing the leather red hoodie, "I got it! This, I like!"

V raised a brow at what she wants, it eerily reminds him of that foolish dreaded Dante.

"I'm sorry, girl but that's not for sale." The cashier spoke up nervously.

"What? It's the only one that fits my size. Everything else are for adults." Jinx replied weakly, her eyes looking down and disappointed.

Seeing that, V quickly puts 100 cogs on the table and looks at the cashier with a glare, "It is for sale now. Take it."

"A pleasure doing business with you." The cashier relented as he tooks the cogs whereas V gave a smile at Jinx.