Chapter 4 - Payback Time

Somewhere in the larger and dark alleys of Piltover...

"So, V, do you really truly care about this girl? Or do you just like that you're getting some much needed love and attention from her?" Griffon questioned as the demonic blue bird calmly flies besides V, following him on the hunt for Evelynn. Shadow on the front is leading them to her, sniffing her scent like a predator tracking its prey.

As they walk closer to Evelynn, V only ponders at the question, not answering the question at all as he reminisces about his entire time with Powder. If he's really being honest, he doesn't really know the answer. Powder does bring a little warm light in the darkness. Something he wanted ever since. But does he really care about her? Or it it all just his him being dependent on her, liking the attention and love she gives to him?

"So what is it, V?" Griffon pressed further.

"I won't lie. I have indeed grown attached to her. But I don't know if it's real or is it just me being a selfish needy fool. I really don't know." V admitted, tightening his grip on his cane, "But one thing I do know, is that I won't ever put her in harm's way. I will lead her to a better path as well. The world doesn't need any angry fools thinking they have been abandoned."

"If you say so." Griffon nodded, satisfied with V's answer as the four go further on the hunt.

~~~

Inside V's new house...

Powder sighed as she wanders aimlessly around the almost empty house. She felt bored and lonely. The voices in her head are gone now but somehow she still feels like there's a sudden pang in her heart when she's not with V and his familiars.

Being here also still feels unreal and weird for her. She just couldn't expect or imagine living in Piltover of all places yet here she is and as a citizen of Piltover as well. Back then she and her friends just breaks into houses like these, but now she lives in it.

Suddenly the entrance door rings, instantly catching Powder's attention. Seems there are visitors.

Hesitantly, Powder slowly goes to the door and opens it, only to find two young men in high class clothes standing there. One is a well built man with tan skin and bright hazel eyes along with short black hair while the other man looks scrawny and pale with messy dark brown hair along with tired but focused amber eyes. If Powder was being honest, the scrawny young man eerily reminded her of V, especially the fact that they both use cane for supporting their weight although she noted this man seems very reliant on the cane judging by the way he stands along with his posture while V is more confident and agile enough to even rival her sister.

"Woah, I wasn't aware the mage had a kid. That is unexpected." The well built man blinked in surprised, "What's your name, young girl?"

"It's Powder." The blue haired girl answered meekly, shifting uncomfortably, "And I'm not his kid. I'm his friend."

"Interesting." The scrawny young man raised a brow inquisitively, having suspicions of his own, "I'm Viktor. The handsome young man beside me is Jayce. It's nice to meet you, Powder."

The scrawny young man, Viktor, offers a hand which Powder hesitantly accepts.

"Woah, look at you making friends with the newcomers already." The other man besides Viktor, Jayce, smiles at him brightly, "And here I thought you were a socially awkward nerd."

Powder blinked at the exchange before Jayce turns towards her, "Anyways, moving on, we are here for the mage known as V, I think? We wish to meet him and have a very long talk about our work with him if possible."