Chapter 63

The long corridors of Hogwarts were unusually empty and quiet. It was slightly windy outside, and the only source of sound belonged to the hurried footsteps of Juliette. She adjusted the strap of her bag to prevent it from slipping. The students and the staff was undoubtedly attending the first Quidditch game, which was between Slytherin and Ravenclaw, and she had no doubt that she'd miss the first half of it if she didn't hurry. She didn't care much for the game before, but she wasn't about to miss the opportunity to watch Draco in action, competing and not going easy just because he was teaching her. She promised him she'd be there, after all.

"We're up against Ravenclaw." Draco informed with a distant voice. He was distracted by the book Juliette's been reading. Prophecies of the Seers, it read on the cover.

"I'm so happy I don't have to go first." Juliette placed another book in its previous spot on the shelf. Secrets of the Crystal Orb. Draco frowned a little at her choice of books.

"Why does it matter?" He asked, leaning against the tables for individual studying in front of the shelves.

"I don't know, I guess I don't want to embarrass myself and I'm delaying the inevitable." She explained, picking up the book Draco just examined and returning it to its place on the shelf as well.

"You won't embarrass yourself." He rolled his eyes. "Stop thinking negative about everything."

"I don't always think negative. I think you're going to play really well and win." She ran her fingers against the spines of the books before her, absentmindedly feeling their textures. Her eyes were searching anything that she hasn't read about Seers. She stilled when Draco disappeared from her peripheral vision and moved behind her. His chest was against her back and she had to force herself to breathe when his hands grabbed the edge of the table on each side of her, trapping her.

"Of course you do." He sighed, resting his chin on her shoulder. The warm flow of air brushed her ear, causing a shiver to run down her spine. "You're only negative when it concerns you."

"I'm nervous. I just don't want to disappoint anyone. Not my parents, not Matthew, and not you." She leaned against him, feeling his arms wrap around her waist. The lights were dim in the library, only a small number of students were present, and their prying eyes were nowhere near them. She never wanted to leave.

"No one could be disappointed in you." He replied, his lips brushing the skin beneath her earlobe. She couldn't help the giggle that left her mouth as her head tilted to meet her slightly raised shoulder. Draco's head prevented that, and he paused for a second before his lips transformed into a mischievous smirk.

"You're ticklish." He assessed, and Juliette turned her face towards him, a smile that she couldn't suppress giving away the answer.

"No." She tried anyway, but Draco's arms around her tightened and her growing panic contradicted with her smile. "Draco, don't-"

Juliette's short warning didn't have much impact on Draco, and he dipped his head once again. Juliette couldn't do anything but giggle helplessly as he nuzzled her neck, his lips stretched into a smile against her skin.

"Stop- I s-swear, Draco-" She tried to talk, send useless threats but her giggles turned into laughter and she had no choice but to force her body to turn towards him under his tight hold. Now facing each other, and her neck free from his assault, Juliette could see a smile equally big on his face. She debated if this was her favourite view or not, or if it was him laying down with his head resting on his bag and headphones covering his ears, Jo's wistful voice lulling him to sleep. They were as dangerously close together as their faces.