Chapter 1, Bye

You screamed, "Who is ready to take down those island devils!?" Your soldiers roared back in excitement and determination. Just as you were about to shout again to get them even more riled up, Zeke pulled you aside. "Hey, Porco and the others want to say goodbye before you leave" You replied, "Oh, okay. Where are they?" Zeke pointed, "Over there by the horse stables"

You smiled, "Thanks!" On your way over to the horse stables, Pieck came up to you. "Sooo, Are you excited for your vacation?" You rolled your eyes, "It's not a vacation Pieck, stop it" She punched your arm, "Well your going to an island, cheer up" You responded, "Yeah, an island with devils on it.." Pieck laughed, "I'm only teasing you know!" You asked, "Is right now really a time to tease me?" She seemed puzzled, "Don't tell me you're nervous! Haven't you heard the the stories Gabi tells about Eldians? Their stupid!" You muttered, "Not all of them.. and who even knows if those stories are true, it's Gabi we're talking about here"

Pieck shook her head, "As much as you don't want to agree with Gabi, I'm sure she's telling the truth" You asked fearfully, "Who gives a damn if her stories are true or not? Eren has come very close to killing Reiner. Levi Ackerman, even without a titan he shoved Zeke to the brink of death. One singular soldier!" Pieck stayed quiet. You asked, "Why wouldn't Zeke send someone with titan abilities? Someone that has a chance at protecting themselves?" Pieck nudged your arm, "Cause they know who we are. There's a reason Zeke always kept you here training while we went on dangerous expeditions, cause he knew that you would have to do this someday. You've been training your whole life for it, since when have do you doubted yourself so much?"

Before you could answer her, Reiner greeted you. "There you are! You couldn't leave with out saying goodbye to us!" Standing next to Reiner was, Gabi, Porco, and Falco. Falco added, "Yeah, you really couldn't leave us without saying goodbye. Someone standing right next to me would be in hysterics.." He was referring to Porco, who is known to have a crush on you ever since you were kids. Porco snapped, "Falco you asshole.. Aren't you like in love with Gabi?" Falco blushed immensely and shouted, "Ew no!" Pieck shouted back, "You do! She told us that story about how you were being all dramatic cause you thought you were going to die, and you told her you loved her!"

Falco didn't even deny that he said that, everyone knows it's true. Gabi covered her face in embarrassment as Falco just stood there, having the same pigmentation as a ripe strawberry. After a couple of seconds you broke the silence and asked, "Aren't you guys like ten?" Porco corrected you, "Their twelve" You shrugged, "Same thing right?" You used Falcos head as an arm rest and said, "I was told you wanted to say goodbye to me," Falco slapped your arm away. Porco asked, "You didn't want to say bye to me?" You shook your head, "No I do!" You gave him a side hug as he told, "I'm gonna miss you y/n, we all are"

Gabi muttered, "Not all of us.." You all laughed, "Gabi shut up and hug me too, I know you'll miss me braiding your hair! Remember, I have our group photo in here to look at when I'm missing you guys" Her and Falco both joined in on the hug between you and Porco. Once you all were done, you let go of each other and sighed. Zeke walked over to your guy's little friend circle. "So y/n, how are you feeling?" Just as you were about to reply, Pieck answered Zeke's question for you. "She said she's nervous" Zeke said, "She has a right to be, don't you think?" Porco agreed, "I think so. She's never been to Paradis before" Zeke said, "Well y/n, did you say your goodbyes? I think it's time for you to go now. The boat is all ready"

You asked, "How long am I going to be gone?" Disregarding what he said about leaving. He estimated, "As soon as you get as much information as you can. It can take a month all the way up to Christmas.." Pieck and Porco shouted in unison, "TIL CHRISTMAS?!" Gabi tugged at your sleeve, "You mean you'll be gone for Christmas? I knew you'd be gone for my birthday, but you can't be gone for Christmas!" Falco added, "You can't! You make the best Christmas cookies ever!" You crouched down to their level. "Here's the deal. Gabi, since your birthday is April 14th I'll send you a letter. And I will definitely be home before Christmas, probably a week before. Has Zeke not told you the plan yet?"