Chapter 5

Chapter 5-The Party and the Disastrously Accident

Days passed and no one really spoke to the other. Forgotten tears, forgotten pain, forgotten loneliness. Everyone went about their tasks and lives alone. But something changed. Especially when Cinderella and Daisy's father returned after a few weeks. To celebrate the return a bit, a big party was planned the following evening. Hosted, of course, by the Countess herself. Who else?

Once upon a sunny day, the birds chirped so loudly outside Catherine's window in the morning that her never-ending migraine worsened. Angrily, she threw one of her pumps toward the window, where a flock of white doves sat. The moment the shoe hit the glass of the plain window, Catherine jerked at the impact. Several pigeons flew away in shock as the window glass shattered into hundreds of tiny shards. Only the clink of the broken glass was heard as they landed echoing on the wooden parquet floor.

"Fuck. Fuck. Fuck." she screamed upset as she tried to somehow clean up the shards.
"Oh shit," she cursed sourly as the pigeons sat down in front of her and she cut herself on a large shard in the process.

When the door suddenly opened with a jerk, she cut herself even harder in the flesh of her fingertip. The bleeding could not be stopped.

"Mother I really need a new dress, matching shoes and a new fan. I heard the fashion designer Giorgio Armani is in town. I really need it to be one of a kind. These red dresses go so well with my complexion." Anastasia said excitedly.

"Yes Anastasia. Go and get Cinderella or Daisy. Now! Quickly! Understand?" cried Lady Tremaine desperately.

But Anastasia stopped dead in her tracks when she saw the doves and the now large pool of blood slowly forming under Catherine's hand.

"Oh god two penguins are going to attack you mother." Anastasia said in a panic, waving her hands around wildly. As her heart slipped into her skirt.

"Anastasia just go and get one of your stepsisters now." Catherine said in an icy voice.

When Anastasia saw her scowl at this situation, she turned 180 degrees as if she had a stick up her butt and quickly ran out the door. As she went down the stairs to the salon, she heard loud screaming coming from it. So loud that the hairs on the back of her neck literally stood up. Her eyes widened in surprise as she realized exactly who was arguing. It was (who would have thought it?) Daisy and Cinderella. She hesitantly entered the drawing room, where not only the mood, but the air was formally electrified and heated.
"Cinderella! Daisy! Mother is looking for you. It's urgent!!! Very urgent!!! She is being watched and attacked by two penguins. Her hand won't even stop bleeding!" screamed Anastasia filled with fear and panic. So much so that she could already feel the film of sweat on her white alabaster skin. The sisters just look at each other in irritation at this comment from their stepsister and end the argument forever, at least for now.

"Penguins here?! They are not dangerous at all, Anastasia," the sisters said, somewhat disturbed.

"Yes, penguins. Don't look so disturbed. You look even uglier than you already do?", Anastasia countered sharply.

Still irritated, they followed their stepsister to Lady Tremaine's chamber. When they all three entered the room, they destroyed the intimate and strange situation Catherine and the birds found themselves in. Catherine's eyebrows were drawn up, her lips straight as a line and her blue eyes fixed on the eyes of the doves. But it seemed that the pigeons were returning her gaze. So far, none of the women had ever experienced something as curious as this strange situation. After a few moments, the sisters noticed all the broken glass and blood flowing from Catherine's fingers. They quickly ran to their stepmother while Anastasia fled back to her room to Drizella to escape from this strange moment.