Dead flowers || nine

Cassie Howard flashback:

" he is two hours late do you think he would still come? " Lexi asked looking up meeting her sisters upset eyes. " he promised, he will come don't worry he is our dad " Cassie answered sitting next to her younger sister on the driveway waiting for their father to arrive.

A week later

" he is again late I don't he will come Cass " Lexi says. " we just have to be patient, maybe he is scared to drive knowing what happened last time " .

" just because he then had an accident doesn't mean he will now and can't see his daughters anymore  " Lexi replied looking down.
Cassie wraps her arm around Lexi's shoulder rubbing it as a comfort.

A month later

Lexi didn't focus anymore on her dad and spend more time with her mom since she never was really close to her because mom is a alcoholic. It's hard to see your mother go through something but its understandable, they were married for almost twenty years.

But Cassie couldn't move on and in fact she was chatting with her father secretly still holding contact, she didn't want to hurt mom so she didn't tell her and when she saw how happy Lexi now was she didn't want to ruin it for her. So every time at dinner Cassie would be more focused on her phone then the food that was cooling down on her plate right before her. They had the most amazing talks and Cassie was feeling not that depressed anymore.

But just like last time he suddenly stops talking to her and completely shuts her out, even when she tried calling him they mentioned that the phone number wasn't in use anymore.

Frustrated going to school the first day after summer break felt weird, she was always used that her dad will bring her but now they had to take the bus.

And if the frustrating wasn't enough, every person that passed Cassie would spread rumors to her like " I heard your mom cheated on your dad " and " your mom is a whore no wonder why he left ". It would absolutely break Cassie and she spend the first month sitting in the bathroom stalls during lunch breaks.

——

Crying was heard outside the girls bathroom and the new girl named Madeline Perez couldn't help but being noisy and opens the door.

" hello anybody in here? " Madeline speaks up, after a minute she heard someone sigh and unlocks the door. " I am sorry if I bothered you i didn't mean to sorry " Cassie rapidly apologizes to the new girl.

" don't worry about me, worry about yourself. Are you okay ? I heard you from outside so I just  couldn't help  myself and be noisy ". The black haired girl speaks up again.

" I'm okay thank you, I'm Cassie, do I know you ? I never saw you before " Cassie answers with a smile plastered on her face.

" Madeline Perez but please call me Maddy, my actual name is so cringe " she replied back while fake throwing up which Cassie at giggles.

" my name is actually Cassandra but it's such a grandma name in my opinion that's why everyone calls me Cassie or Cass ".

" well nice to meet you Cass, what subject do you have next? I have PE and I really do not wanna go alone ".

" I also have PE so don't worry girl " Cassie replied with even a bigger smile then before. Finally she was able to smile again just because of her new friend.

Arms locked the girls walk through the busy halls on their way to the other side of the building mostly Cassie leading the way in the familiar building for her.  And without realizing they both helped each other getting out of this " dark hole ", Cassie being depressed about her dad and Maddy being stressed out about her parents arguing 24/7 .

They both never had that much of love in their families but Cassie her family would always welcome Maddy with open arms and she would gladly accept it. Cassie her family treated Maddy like her own which made them even more closer cause they almost hang out everyday to get their mind of things.  They went together audition for the cheerleaders club and both got in, it seemed like a fairytale. And it was even more comforting and amazing when Maddy came to move in for some months die home situations getting out of the hand, Maddy was thankful for the Howard family it was her family and not the one where she shares her last name with.

End of flashback

——
Wanted to give y'all this flashback to show how really close Maddy and Cassie are and how it can be hard for both of them at this kind of situation, and also we got Lexi introduced and showed more deeper Cassie her past drama with her dad :)) LMK what you think<3 have a good day and take a break for yourself everyday at least two hours love ya - M