Chapter 2

"I'm not going home," I said stubbornly.

"Please Tam, we'll go home and try to talk to them. If they don't agree then we'll come back," said Connor. I let out a sigh and turned to face him.

"Okay then," I replied. He smiled at me and called for Matt, his friend to drop us off at home.

I waited as Connor put the key into the door and opened it. We walked into the living room, where both of my parents were sat.

"I brought her here like you asked," said Connor. My eyes widened and I turned to him.

"Y-You lied to me?!" I asked, shocked. He gave me a guilty look and tears began to form in my eyes again.

"You bastard! You liar! I hate you!" I yelled as I began to hit his chest. He stood there, looking at the ground in shame.

"Tamara! Stop this right now!" Yelled my dad trying to get a hold of me. I managed to punch my brother in the nose and give him a nose bleed.

"That's enough!" Bellowed my dad. I stopped thrashing about and broke down, sobbing for the tenth time.

"Sorry Tam," he said.

"J-just go away," I said in a small broken voice. He let or a sigh and gave me a last look before walking out.

"We are doing this for your benefit, you need to understand that," said my mom.

"I don't care! I'm not getting married and I will leave the house if I have to!" I yelled.

"We will keep you locked up here if we have to. You are getting married to Trey whether you like it or not," said my dad.

***

I walked into my dad's study where he was on the phone to someone.

"Yes, no that will be fine...okay then," he said as he put the phone down.

"Tamara, I am not arguing with you again, my decision is final," he said, as he kept his eyes fixed on the file he was flicking through.

"I know...and that's why I had agreed to get married to Trey," I said. He looked up at me, wide eyed before a smile broke out on his face.

"You have?! That's amazing. I'm so proud of you princess," he said as he pulled me into a hug. I smiled and made it look as realistic as possible, which he obviously bought.

"Yeah, well I thought about it and figured out that you must have planned the best for me," I said hoping to convince him.

"I have to tell this news to your mother," he said rushing out. As soon as he went I went into his safe where he kept the money. I knew his code as well, so as fast as I could, I stole some money and put them into my bag. I heard footsteps approaching the room, so I quickly closed the safe and turned just in time.

"Oh Tamara, I'm so happy," said my mom squeezing me into a hug.

"Yeah me too," I told her.

"I'll tell Rosette and we will get the marriage fixed as soon as possible," she said. They both walked out and I ran into my room. I locked my room door and threw my clothes into the suitcase along with other essentials. When I was done I hid the suitcase in my closet. You couldn't even tell that I had taken clothes out of my closet since I already had so much.

Now all I had to do was wait for tonight to execute my plan.