5: Hashira Trial

Pain.

Aiko shrieked.

She opened her eyes to find herself still in her box of safety. Only it wasn't so safe anymore. She clutched her side, where a sword had pierced her flesh before being pulled out.

A sword pierced the box again, stabbing Nezuko this time.

Nezuko grunts, gripping her shoulder as the sword was pulled out.

Aiko hears Tanjiro screaming but can't make out his words. There's many scents around, overwhelming her nose. She can't make out how many exactly but there was lots of people and they were very, very strong.

Aniki, are you okay?

They're thrown down, landing hard and Aiko smells blood being poured outside the box. Blood, life essence. She worries for the victim, knowing that at least it's not Tanjiro - the smell is not his. Nezuko takes a big whiff, eyes going wide.

No, Nezuko. Fight it. Aiko thinks.

Her and Nezuko are swung around, someone was moving with them and they were dumped unceremoniously on the ground again. Their box door was pulled open.

"Demons are depraved, soulless monsters. Forgive me Master Ubuyashiki but I will prove it to you; that these demons cannot be trusted."

Aiko and Nezuko crawl out together, taking in the world around them.

They weren't in the spider forest anymore.

Instead they were in a lovely estate, on a beautiful sunny day, in the shade of a house. Facing them and in the sun, were a row of strong Demon Slayers and one of them was holding Tanjiro down. He was cut up and hurt. Aiko's heart ached for him.

"Observe this, Master." The man with wild eyes and many scars drew his blade across his wrist. "My blood is irresistible to demons. Let me prove these demons' danger to you!"

He shoved his arm in Nezuko's face, much to her horror. She bit down on her muzzle, growling ferociously. The smell, oh, the smell was incredible. It made her mouth water, drool dripping off her chin but she fought the desire.

Aiko wanted to help.

She ripped the ends of her kimono off and slowly approached the Demon Slayer. He didn't flinch at her touch, though he looked disgusted to be in her presence. She used the ripped cloth to cover the wounds on the mans palm and stop the bleeding.

It would help him heal but also dampen the smell for Nezuko.

Even as she bandaged him, Aiko began to drool.

More than any other human she had met, this mans blood was mouthwatering.

She tied the bandage as best she could and Aiko stepped back, standing by Nezuko. Her twin looked away indignantly. Though his blood was tempting, Nezuko refused to eat a human. As did Aiko . Both girls stood there, unsure what to do next.

A man nearby, with blunt dark hair, smiled serenely.

Aiko had never seen anyone that looks like him, with scars covering the upper half of his face. His milky eyes looked to the twins, though not at them. More in their general direction. Like he was looking through them. He must be blind, Aiko realized.

The blind man spoke, "You see, Shinazugawa-san, Tanjiro's sisters are unlike the other demons. They've refused blood since they were turned, by Kibutsuji himself no less. I believe they are demons that Kibutsuji never imagined could exist. It's for this reason that I hope you, Shinazugawa-san, and everyone else can please respect the Kamado family. As they have showed incredible resolve, I believe we can trust them. I hope you can all welcome the siblings into the Demon Slayers corps and accept them."