Chapter Fifteen ~Vanessa~

I wave to the people standing in the window of the airport as the plane slowly rolls away from the walkway. I lean back in my seat and shut my eyes.

I feel so bad for Sean. He flew all the way to New York to see me only to find out that I was flying cross country the next day. "Thinking about your little boy toy?" Caprice doesn't look up from her magazine as she asks from her seat next to me.

"No" I lie. I roll over to face the window again and pull my feet up onto the seat. I stare out the window for a little while before I turn my head over my shoulder agin. I stare at Caprice for a moment. "Fyi he's not my 'boy toy'." I hate it when she calls boys that, but I guess it's not the worst thing she's ever called them.

I turn my head towards the window again and stare at the clouds until I fall asleep.

[+][+][+]

I wake up to the sound of the captains voice telling us that we'll be landing in Kansas for our connection in five minutes. Before I know it we are falling out of the sky onto the runway in what seems like a rough landing. I always hate landings the most out of the entire plane ride.

As soon as the plane glides to a stop in front of our door. "We have now landed in Kansas City, Kansas. It is currently 73* and a little bit foggy. Thank you for riding with us, we how you enjoyed your flight." The captain talks into the loudspeaker.

Once Caprice and I grab our backpacks from the overhead compartments we get off the plane and find a seat. I grab my People out of my bag and open it to a random page. Caprice reads her magazine across from me as I burn holes into mine. "Come on Vanessa! You barely even know the guy." Caprice almost yells at me.

I look up innocently from my magazine. "What guy?"

"Uggh! Come on girl! We're going to Hollywood! Go down the walk of stars or whatever they call it." Caprice laughs. "Let's go get coffee." She turns to the girl about our age next to her. "Do you mind watching our stuff for a bit?" The girl shakes her head no. "Thanks hon."

[+][+][+]

Our plane to Los Angeles took off about an hour ago and Caprice is snoring gently besides me. As long as she's sleeping I'll do the one thing I've been meaning to do since we boarded the first plane; write a letter.

Dear Sean,

I'm so sorry for leaving you like that. I'm glad I got to meet you though. I have actually missed writing to you. I hope you got to see New York though. I know your trip didn't go as planned, but don't let me screw it up. I hope one day we can meet again.

Your friend forever,
Vanessa