Epilogue

Dennis Harrington

6 years later

"Shh... don't cry, son." I cradle my two years old son in my arms. He has been crying a lot lately probably missing his mom. Claire currently in France. She has a fashion show to take care of and it has been two weeks she's away.

I miss her a lot.

Little Luke crying is getting louder. "I know, son. I miss your mom too. She will be home soon." I kissed his forehead to calm him down. Grabbing the car toy that lay on the floor, I handed it to him. Hopefully the toy can distract him.

His crying slowly died down as he is too busy playing with car toys, I place him down on the carpet with me sitting beside him. For a few hours I played with him and his other toys. From cars to train, dinosaurs and then lego. Thank God the toys help him to take his mind off of his mother.

"Excuse me, sir." Turning my head to the entrance of the living room, the maid stood by. "I can take care of baby Luke. You can have your rest, sir. I am done with all the housework." As much as I trust Mia, our maid when it comes to Luke, I don't easily entrusted him with anyone else other than Claire sisters. Adrianna and Lauren.

Even though Mia is a nice person I just can't put Luke under someone else care.

"It's okay, Mia. I can handle Luke. He is just missing his mom. You can go home if you're done." She nodded her head and smile politely. "Of course, sir. I'll be going now. Have a nice day, sir. You too baby Luke."

"Bye-bye, Mia."

I proceed to continue playing with Luke while watching the tv. Somehow my eyes feel heavy and eventually, I drift off to sleep.

I woke up hearing the sound of the tv still on and a dark living room. Turning my head to the side to check on Luke, my eyes widen seeing a vacant spot next to me. I swear he was there before I drift of to sleep. I stood up turning the tv off and looked around the room after turning the lights on. He is nowhere in sight.

"Luke! Son where are you?" oh my gosh, this is my fault. Claire will kill me if she found out I feel asleep instead of watching Luke.

I head to the kitchen since that's the only light on. I breathe out in relief seeing Luke sitting on the high chair. "There you are, boy." I caressed his head and kissed it. "By the way, how did you get up here?" I frowned. Luke just giggle then moving his tiny hands in the air.

"Someone need to watch him." A stern voice said from behind me.

Oh, I'm dead.

Turning around slowly, I come face to face with an angry Claire with her arms cross. "Claire! You're back! I miss you." I made my way to her and about to hug her, but she put her hands out stopping me.

"What?"

"You fell asleep instead of watching, Luke!"

"I know I'm sorry."

"What if something happen to him while you are not watching him?"

"I'm sure everything's fine." She scoffs. "Oh yeah. How about leaving the balcony door open?" my eyes widen in shocked. "What? I leave the door open?" she rolls her eyes. "You think?" she said in annoyance.

How can I be so reckless by leaving the door open? Claire's right what if something happen when no one's watching Luke.

"Claire, I am so so sorry. It must have slipped my mind. I've been playing for hours with Luke and barely get a goodnight sleep. I know that didn't explain for my action and I'm really sorry." Her eyes soften and she sighed.

"Fine. I'm sorry too for leaving the two of you alone. Knowing how reckless you are."

"Daddy ignore me and I play alone." Luke said with a pout. Claire walked to him and picked him up. "I know daddy is mean. That's why mommy loves you the most."

"And I love you too, mommy!" Claire stared at me with a smirk on her face. I rolled my eyes. "I'm sorry boy. Daddy was and still tired."

"You're mean." Luke said in a cute voice and looked away from me. I bend down a little and whisper. "I guess no new toy for you." In a haste Luke face me with his eyes lit up looking excitedly. "No! Daddy is not mean. You are the best!" I chuckled and ruffled his hair. "You will have it I promise."

Claire frowned looking at me. "What?"

"Don't spoil him."

"Oh, come on. He still a kid. Let him have the fun."

"I don't want him to grow up like someone I knew." She said eyeing me. "Hey! I am not spoil!" I said defensively. "Come one Luke let's get you to bed. It's past your bedtime."

"Has he eat?" she nods. "Yup, when you were drifting to dreamland." She said sarcastically.

After tucking Luke to bed Claire and went back to the kitchen to cook some food. I back hugged her as place my chin on her shoulder. "I miss you." I whispered. "I miss you too."

"Sorry for leaving the two of you for two weeks."

"It's okay, you have work to do."

"How about yours?" I shrugged. "I work from home at night only."

"No wonder you fell asleep." I hummed in respond. "I'm hungry."

"The food will be ready in a minute."

"No, I'm not hungry for that." I kissed her neck and squeeze her waist. "Me too, but after we are done eating." She turn the stove off then turned to face me. Placing her hands on my neck she smiles softly to me. "I miss you."

"I miss you too." I leaned in towards her, but she turned away which my lips landed on her cheek.

"After we eat dinner." She smile teasingly. "You know what? Fuck dinner." I picked her up bridal style. She squealed in surprise then giggled.

"You need to make up for my two weeks of sleepless night." I reminded her. She giggled, leaning forward to my ear and whisper. "I could say the same to you." She said sexily.

I stared at her with a smirk grazing my lips. "This will be a long night then." With that we head to our bedroom and you guys know what happen next.