That jerk!

Claire Amber Rose

I nod my head as my driver announce that we have arrived. I'm attending an event that had been held for businessman and businesswoman. I took a deep breath then open the door. Immediately flashes of light shoot to my direction. A hand offer me and I took it. Smiling thank you to the bodyguard, I waltz my way to the red carpet. I smile gracefully to the camera.

The paparazzi start shouting my name to make me look at their direction. It went like that for a few minutes then the staff direct me inside the ballroom. Grabbing a glass of champagne, I saw a two men are making their way to me. I recognize their faces and a smile made it's way to my lips.

"Louis, how are you?" I hugged him as he hugs me back.

"I'm great. What about you darling?"

"I'm good. Gosh... you look different. Love the blonde hair." He chuckles lightly. "I know, I looked good Aren't I?" I rolled my eyes.

Someone coughed and I advert my gaze to Stephen who's shoving his hands in his pocket looking handsome as usual. This two are my bestfriend in college. You could say I only have 3 best friend in total.

What can I say? I'm to focus on studying and learning to be a great designer.

"Stephen, didn't see you there." I smirked as I sipped my champagne.

"Ah... Claire, how I miss your sarcasm." I looked around pretending to search something. The two of them looked at me in confusion. "What are you doing Claire?"

"I didn't see any girl with you. What happened? Did they feel bored seeing your face?" Louis snickered beside him. Stephen rolls his eyes. "No wonder you're still single. You're mean."

I scoffed. "Oh please, I don't need man." I turn my attention back to Louis. "So... how's your relationship with Gale?" I drink my champagne then place the empty glass at the tray. The moment I mention Gale's name, the looked on his face change. "Please don't mention that bastard!"

A puzzled looked etched on my face. "Why?"
"They broke up." Stephen said. "What? What happened?"

"He cheated on me." I patted his back. "It's okay Louis. There are a lot of fish in the ocean, remember?"

"Yeah you're right." Our conversation then drifted to fashion and business. We talked for quite some time until I spotted my girls. I told them I will talk to them later then bid my goodbye.

Making my way to my girls, I saw Lauren is wearing a navy blue mermaid dress off shoulder with a slit in the right. And as always, Adrianna wearing her favorite color which is black. She's wearing a long sleeve black dress low V in the chest area with a high slit and a silver belt to finish it off. The two of them look stunning. No wonder men in this room are gazing at them. A chuckled escape my lips as the two of them ignore them as they busy conversing.

"Well hello girls," I greeted them.

"Claire, where have you been?"

"I met my college friends. Nice dress by the way." I tease them. Lauren rolls her eyes. "Yeah, yeah. I know you were the one who design it." I can't help but chuckled. I turned to Adrianna. "This is the fifth time you wore black in every event you attend." She raised her perfectly plucked eyebrow then smirked. "I looked good in black no doubt in that."

A man came and approach us more like Adrianna. Lauren and I shared a looked. I have a bad feeling about this. "Ms. St. Claire, fancy seeing you here."

"Ah... Mr. Andrew, what a pleasant surprise to see you here."

"It shouldn't be a surprise since I always attend this kind of event. I should be the one who said that. Since you rarely appear in this event." Woah, this guy has some guts.

I glance at Lauren only to see her shooting the guy a cold looked. I have a feeling his a bad news.

Adrianna chuckled coldly. "Funny, even If I rarely attend this event, I never saw you since you claim to often attend this event." Lauren and I both chuckled. He glared at us but we remain unfazed.

"Boy, you think by glaring at us we will fear you?" Lauren said. "Your attempt to scare us is like a clown scaring children." I can't help but laughed at that one. Lauren always has something interesting to say.

Adrianna step forward till they both inches apart. She whispering something to his ear which we can't hear but from the looked on his face, is telling me that Adrianna hit a nerve. The way he balled up his fist and clenched his jaw.

Adrianna step back to looked at him calmly. "Understand?" He then left without utter a single word. "What did you say to him?" Lauren asked. "Something that struck his nerve."

Adrianna then walked to the other side of the ballroom with a glass of champagne in her hand. We both know if Adrianna walked away means that she doesn't want to explain or tell us anything. I swear she is so secretive.
The event went on as usual. Every people in this room who has a company trying to engage a conversation with the strong and powerful company. Adrianna is on her work mode since a lot of people trying to catch a conversation with her.

I made my way to the bar only to find Stephen sitting their alone. "Sad because you won't get laid tonight?" He turns to me. "Why am I not surprised to saw you here?" He chugged the entire drink then asked for a refill.

"What's wrong?" I said as I asked for a drink.
"I feel really stressed lately."

"Why?"

"I don't know. I usually have lot of idea but lately, I can't even draw a decent dress." I sat beside him as I rest my hand on his shoulder. "Hey, take it easy. Don't need to get caught up with it. Maybe you are just tired and you over work yourself."

"But this is unlike me."

"I know. You are the type of person that have full of ideas. But if you push yourself when you're not feeling it or you just have a lot going on in the office, it will be hard for you to create something beautiful. Just take it easy. Have a little getaway for a while maybe you could find an inspiration." I smile reasurring to Stephen.

He looked at me blankly. Raising my eyebrow at him, I grab my drink and downed it. "Sometimes I wonder, if you have two personalities." I rolled my eyes. "Funny Stephen, I'm  trying to help here."

"Since my work here is done, I need to go find my friends." I jumped out of the seat. "Thanks Claire."

"Anytime."

I walked away as I try to find Lauren but stop in my track as I see who she is talking to. My eyebrow furrowed as I see Dennis Harrington is talking to Lauren. Making my way toward them, I cleared my throat. Two pair of eyes shift their gaze to mine.

"Claire, I want to introduce you to-" before she finish the sentence, I continue. "Harrington."

"You two know each other?" Lauren asked me. "No, but I design her sister dress."

"Oh," her phone suddenly ring. "Excuse me," I looked at him coldly. "Why are you talking to my friend?"

"She's okay with me talking to her then why are you not?" I narrowed my eyes at him. "Don't even think flirting with her." He smirks. "Oh honey, I wasn't planning to but since you gave me the idea, I might as well use it."

That jerk!

"You're so annoying."

"So how's your date? Did he dump you?" I looked at him disbelief. "What? I never have a date. I don't even date, remember?"

"Really? That explain the guy who you are talking to at the bar."

"Wait, are you jealous?" He scoffed. "Me? Jealous? Funny."

"Then why are you asking?"

"Why? Is it a crime to ask?" All of a sudden a girl circle his waist. "Baby, where have you been?" The girl ask Dennis. Really? A not even a minute ago he's acting like a possessive boyfriend asking what I was doing at the bar. And now, he has a freaking girl with him.

What's wrong with this guy?

I coldly glared at him as I clenched my fist. Without saying anything, I left him.