29

Just a bonus chapter, because i was gone from too long💖

Tired, I take off my shoes and throw my clothes hastily on the couch, changing into my pajamas.
Marriage has a lot of runs and a lot of pressure. Going out every day for so many hours exhausts me.

"Did you have a good time at Bella's house yesterday?"

John's voice makes me jump out of my thoughts and I knit my brows together.
When I understand what he means, I try to be calm and comfortable.

"We didn't do anything special, we watched a movie and then we talked about different topics. When I came back at night, they were already asleep. "

He looks at me for a moment, with an examining look causing me anxiety but I hurriedly change the conversation.

"You're gonna love the wedding dress I picked out. "

"I know. "

He seems really weird today, did he have a bad day at work or something?
"How do you know?"

"Because I know we have similar tastes. "

"John, are you okay?"

I play with the end of my hair while I wait for him to answer. He sits next to me on the couch without speaking, staring into space.
I'm getting worried.

"Of course, Stella, everything is perfect. "

Before I can speak, my cell phone rings and when I see Damiano's name on the screen I hurriedly hang up.

I hope John didn't see it.
"Who was it?"

I gulp away trying to think of an excuse and luckily I soon find one.

"Victoria called me. I'll call her in a bit. "
I've been feeling quite uncomfortable around John lately, and it's understandable since I'm having a secret relationship with someone else.

There are only twenty-seven days left before it's all over with Damiano and before I get married.
I'm getting married in less than a month and I've hardly been involved in the wedding except for the basics. John is the only one involved and I'll admit that this doesn't bother me at all.
"Excuse me for a moment, I'm going to call Victoria and find out what she wanted. "

When I get to the bedroom, I close the door behind me and hurriedly dial his contact number.
"I didn't think you'd call me back. "
"What do you want Damiano?"

"Nothing special, I just wanted to tell you that I'll be waiting for you at my place today. Get dressed because I'll make you dinner. Okay?"

Has this guy lost his mind? How am I going to find another excuse to tell John? I'm pretty sure he's figured out that I'm hiding something from him and the last thing I want is for the marriage to be cancelled.

"I can't. I have no other excuse to tell John. "

"I'm sure you'll find something to say to him. I'll wait for you at eight, love you. Bye!"

His ironic voice could put me on edge in a bad way. I can't stand him anymore.
He's becoming annoying and incredibly arrogant. He thinks he can do whatever he wants to me just because I agreed to do this madness?
I feel like I'm in a bad romantic movie and it has to end as soon as possible. Even today.

[. . . ]
I fix my red lipstick a bit, in the car mirror and after making sure I'm okay, I get out of it. The last time I was in this house, things didn't end well and I'm almost certain that something like that will happen today.

I take a few deep breaths before I ring the bell but Damiano catches up and opens the door. He tell me to get in and without a word I obey him. I notice the decoration he has done, with lot of different kinds of candles and red roses everywhere, I am almost impressed.

"Do you like it?"

I hear his voice behind me, his breath hitting my throat. I realize that he has come very close to me and I shudder for a moment before coming back. "It's good. "I walk with steady steps, my heels sounding on the wooden floor, and sit at the table where it is decorated with candles and a large vase of roses. "You are trying too hard. " I say ironically. "So, what are we going to eat?"

His laughter echoes throughout the house and I roll my eyes.
"Hungry, as always. "
I watch him head for the kitchen and a few minutes later he returns with two full plates and a bottle of wine.
"Chicken à la crème and red wine. Your favorite, right?"
I smirk. "Basic,as always. "
"Did you just call me basic?"
"I was expecting something else, like pasta,but i guess i'll eat this. "
"You are so difficult to please. "
Annoyed, he tells me and I smile proudly.

I drink some of the wine in my glass while I eat in a hurry.
"Are you in a hurry to leave?"
Damiano, he jokes and I look at him for a moment.
"To be honest, yes. "
"Kind as always. "

Almost half an hour later, I have already eaten and drunk half the bottle of red wine. I haven't spoken throughout dinner and I occasionally check the time on my phone to leave.

"I'm taking the dishes back to the kitchen, sit on the couch, I'll be right back. "

"It's better to leave. Thanks for the dinner though. It was good. "

"You want to get rid of me that fast?"
I blurt out in annoyance, not knowing what to say in response.
"Damiano, I thought about some things. "

I manage to say, long after and he looks at me silently. He rests his hands on his waist while he waits for me to finish my sentence and bites his lips.
Fuck.
"It would be better if what we have ended here. It was a mistake from the beginning to agree to this. I'm sorry. "
I finally manage to say and release a breath I've been holding for a while.
To my surprise, he doesn't answer anything and I frown.

"Aren't you going to say something?"

I ask him.

"You are driving me crazy. "
I freeze at his words but remain annoyed that he has nothing to say in response to what I just told him.

"Is that all you have to say?"

With slow, steady steps he comes close to me, too close to me. To my surprise all he does is stroke my face lightly and I hold my breath in a rush.

"What are you doing?"
I'm almost whispering. Being in such close contact with him obviously affects me. I try to keep my strength up but his scent hits me, making my heart flutter.
"Do you really want to leave my house?"
I'm soaking wet. Do I really want to go?
"I. . . I don't know. "
I answer honestly and regret it immediately. I don't know what he's doing to me.

My cell phone rings making me jump and almost stumble.

John's name is on the screen and I go to answer, but before I can, he is already in Damiano's hands.

"What are you doing?"

"Nothing important. I just turn it off. "
I roll my eyes in shock and curse him softly.

"Give it to me now. "
"Kiss me first. "
I blink as I process what he just said.
"Excuse me?"
"I said, kiss me first. "
Before I can think about it, I do what he tells me and what shocking me most,is that I don't do it because he told me to, but because I really want to.

I stop to look at him for a moment, our breathing is heave. His hand , returns my cell phone, but I put it aside. "You are driving me crazy. " I copy his sentence from before and then continue to kiss him