13

"Where is John?"
Victoria asks me while we decorate Bella's house.
"He'll come back later. " I say hurriedly and climb up on the couch to decorate the wall.
"I wish he'd never come. " Bella on the other hand throws out mean things but I can't even get mad at her. They have a very bad relationship with John and I don't blame her. He didn't like her from the beginning.

"We are such good decorators. "
Vic jokes and we laugh together.
"Girls it's 7:50 pm. Go upstairs to dress, we've done. "
Finally, hours later we're done with all that. I head to Bella's room with Victoria to change out of the shabby rough clothes we were forced to wear to help her change the whole house but also clean it.

I changed into a beautiful tight slit dress on the one day where it was a gift from my boyfriend.
"I may dislike John, but at least he has taste. "
It bothers me that nobody likes him, he can be very sweet if he wants to be.

I get into bed and fix my hair as fast as I can, because I hear the bell ringing often which means that some guests have definitely arrived.

When I'm ready, I leave the hair dryers in Victoria and hurry downstairs.
The bell rings once more and I suggest I go, since Bella is busy talking to guests.

When I get to the door, I fix my dress a bit and get it all set up.
I open the door and am confronted by a couple familiar to me.

His eyes fall on me and he looks me up and down, watching me from top to bottom. For a moment I feel uncomfortable and I think maybe I don't look good in what I'm wearing but I don't show it.

"Stella! You look stunning. "
The girl with the black short hair tells me and I can't help but notice how beautiful she is.

She hugs me and I hug her back, while behind her I look at him smiling at me.

When she releases me from her arms, something I didn't expect is Damiano's embrace catching me off guard for a hug.

"You look so good. "
I hear him say in my ear and I shudder.
I keep my feet firmly on the floor, because as long as I am in his arms I feel them leaving me.

When I finally stop hugging him,I politely tell them to come in and I blow my nose.
The more I see of him, the worse it gets for me.

"What the hell is he doing here?"
All the while I stand at the door lost in my thoughts and jump at the sound of John's voice that had just arrived.

"Please don't make a scene. Bella invited him and his fiancé. "
Lucky for me, he didn't see us hugging because I'm sure it would have been a mess.

I go in with him and in a hurry I offer him a drink.
He looks at Damiano with a killer look on his face, and I roll my eyes when Damiano decides to greet him from afar. I can understand the irony of his tone from far.

Did you know he'd be here?"
John's voice makes me stop looking at Damiano.
"No, of course I didn't know. "
I'm lying.
"How did Bella know him and invite him then?"
I'm choking without knowing what to say.
I should have expected him to ask me something like that.
My hands sweat as I quickly think of an excuse.

"Bella knows Giorgia. My fiancé. "
I jump up in fright to face him and on the one hand I thank him for finding such a quick excuse but on the other hand I'm afraid of where this might end up.

"Did anyone talk to you?"
My boyfriend asks him aggressively and I grab his hand signaling him to calm down.

"Actually, I wanted to get a drink, Just happened to hear your jealousy scene. "

I close my eyes, puffing out in anxiety.
"Stella you are to drinks right? Could you please make on for me?"

I look at John clenching his fists and quickly nod in the affirmative.

"What kind of drink do you want?"
I ask abruptly and irritably as I go to the drinks counter.

"Um. . . I'd like your favorite. Vodka right?"

I choose not to answer and put John in a worse position and hurriedly put what he asked for.
I leave it on the counter for him to pick up and avoid looking at him.

"Thank you sweetheart. "
He pleases me this way on purpose in front of John and that's something that pushes me to my limits.

"John please relax. It's just a night okay?"
For a few seconds he looks at me but then nods positively.
Something I didn't expect was for him to hug me in that moment. But my gaze unwillingly remains on Damiano.
Who looks at me ironically.

"You Know that I won't do anything to him just for you. Because I don't want to put you in that position. "
I hear him say and thank him by kissing him gently.

"I'm going to get some air, it's crowded here. "
I inform him and without further ado, I practically run into Vic's backyard.

The fresh air hits me and I feel my body relaxing.
"Hard being in love with him huh?"

I shout terrified and turn around abruptly to see who is talking to me.

"Ethan? What are you doing here?"

I watch him pull a cigarette out of his pocket and light it, blowing the smoke towards me.

"Bella invited us. She wanted to sing for her birthday tonight. She didn't tell you?"

I'm surprised at her, I didn't know anything like that. I think she would only invite Victoria and Damiano who he already knows.

I'm surprised he didn't say anything to me, but I think he forgot.

"No. I guess she forgot about it. "

He comes beside me, resting his hands on the bars in front of him.

"You are in love with him aren't you?"
I knit my eyebrows together in response, not knowing what he means.

"I'm talking about Damiano. "

At the sound of his name my heart beats faster.
"N. . . no. . . I-. . . "

"Yes you are. "
He interrupts me and I burst out. I lower my head with no response.

"It's always him. Never me. "

I look at him in shock.
I can't believe we're talking about it again all these years later.

"Ethan, stop it. It's been four years. "

He throws his cigarette down and throws it hard with his shoe angrily.

"Why everything in your life has to be about him?"

I breathe loudly, frowning my lips in anger.

"You can't say these words. You are his best friend!"

"I'm his best friend. And i want the best for him. And you never were the best for him!"

Deep down i know that he is right.
I don't know what I'm doing with my life.

This is crazy.

"So you are the best for him? The perfect friend that four years ago told me that you are secretly in love with me while i was in relationship with Damiano?"

I look at him for an answer, which I never get.
"The next time you come to insult me, think about it. "

I advise him and walk away.

It's gonna be a big night.

______________________

Thank you so much for voting.
Love you all😍😍