Sad Iris

I couldn't think of a name for this.

Ship: None

Type: Angst | Hurt/Comfort

Requested by: @marisavaneijk

Plot: Iris is tired of people constantly misgendering them and disregarding their own feelings. One day, Clover hears about their feelings and what happened with Iris and Levi and decides to visit them and this happens...

a/n: If you guys have suggestions for the one-shot name, please leave them in the comments. Thank you! ^^

--------------------------------

3rd POV:

Iris was annoyed whenever someone would misgender them.  But of course--anyone would be. I mean, it's rude to assume someone's gender by the way they look. Iris had to go through that every day and every single moment of their life.

Iris would be doing something simple as getting coffee out in the city. The moment their name was called, it was always: "Mr. Iris!"

But Iris wouldn't say anything--despite the fiery spirit of theirs, or which their past teachers had called it. He would just walk up to the counter and grab their coffee--muttering a small curse under their breath. It was even worse when someone called them a Ms. just because of their long hair. It surprisingly insulted them more than mistaking them for a man which they could understand. They questioned how people could be so stupid for that assumption.

Even when Iris would walk through the streets, someone, anyone, would have to call them out and ask where he got his neat clothes or cool haircut, calling them bro or dude in the process to which they responded by ignoring them and walking on by. Iris didn't care if they got called rude or disrespectful for doing. To them, they had the right to be upset about people misgendering them.

And then came the incident. When Iris broke Levi's kneecaps, they didn't think they did any wrong and thought that they were being unfairly punished. If anything, what they had done was rightfully justified. Levi was just one of those people that didn't listen to them. Iris had told him multiple times that they weren't his bro and Levi chose not to listen. So Iris made him listen.

So when Moodswing punished them by putting them temporarily in the Best Friend's Club, they were a bit pissed off. It proved him even more right that people are stupid and ignorant. But they tried their best not to release their anger during the hide-and-seek.

Iris sat on their bed, the weight of the world pressing down on their shoulders. Another day had passed, filled with misgendering and judgmental stares. As a gender-neutral teenager, Iris often felt like an outsider in a world that insisted on labeling everyone. The constant battle to be seen and respected for who they truly were left them exhausted and disheartened.

Their student dorm room was small, with a single bed pressed against one wall, a tiny desk cluttered with books and papers, and a poster of their favorite band, The Luminescent Shadows, hanging crookedly on the opposite wall. It was a stark representation of their isolated existence—lonely and filled with darkness.

Iris's phone buzzed on the desk, interrupting their thoughts. They picked it up to see a message from their friend Clover. Iris let out a long sigh of slight annoyance. Clover was one, if not, their only friend, at the school and also had they/them pronouns.  Clover--unlike them, was spontaneous and had a huge burst of energy. When Iris first met them, they were slightly annoyed by their consistent happiness and when they jumped around them. But they guessed that Clover couldn't help that last part since it was a part of their quirk: A Bunny's Trait--which gave them bunny-like features such as their ears and enhanced jumping ability.