I Don't Wanna Be This...

Ship: None

Type: Angst

Requested By: Limbo-writes

Plot: Flex is tired of copying people’s looks just by touch and is feeling insecure about it. He spends most of the day in his room and is pushing everyone out while Kol and Blake try to get him out of his room.

3rd POV:

Flex’s room was dark. The shades were pulled and no light was on. The only light on was Flex’s yellow led lights in the corner.

(I don’t know how his room actually looks so I’m just guessing. Sorry)

Flex sat in the middle of his bed curled up, silently crying his heart out. Recently, he had been feeling insecure about his quirk, the ability to copy someone’s look whenever he made physical contact with them like a handshake or a fistbump.

He was born with this quirk and his parents wanted him to use it for their benefit. But he never liked his parents. They never treated him right. He was used as a science experiment, constantly tested on by several doctors. He felt so free after he escaped the lab and after he got into the school, he felt not alone.

But of course, his quirk was the cause of his unhappiness. Even after the lab, he was still told to copy people’s looks. He felt so guilty about it. Even moments when he didn’t want to copy their looks, he couldn’t help it. It was whenever he touched someone and he had high fived his friends so many times.

It had gotten to him so much, he fell into a state of despair to the point where he stopped attending classes and stopped seeing people. He even began staying in his room most of the day. Barely eating or seeing sunlight. He isolated himself from the world.

More tears streamed down Flex’s face. Flex didn’t have the ability to show emotions on his face this time, you could clearly see the depression on his face.

Flex buried his face more into his arms and he hugged himself tighter and softly rocked back and forth.

As Blake passed Flex's room to go to her room, she heard small sobs coming from behind his door. She slowly walked backward and leaned her ear against his door. She could hear the small sobs more clearly.

She knew Flex hadn't gone to class lately but she always thought it was because he just didn't want to go to class.

She pulled away from the door and softly knocked on the door. "Flex? Are you alright in there?"

She heard some sniffling. "I-...I'm fine…"

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah, can you go away now? I want to be alone."

Blake sighed. "Alright…"

Blake turned away from the door and walked back down the stairs.

Kol sat on the couch watching tv when he noticed Blake come down the stairs. He saw the sad expression on her face. "What's up with you?"

"Flex...have you noticed he hasn't been coming to class lately?"

Kol thought about it. "Yeah, actually…"

"Well, I was passing by his room and heard him crying. I tried to ask him what was wrong but he just told me to go away."

“What? Hold on.” Kol suddenly stood up and walked over to the stairs. He walked past Blake and headed up the stairs with Blake following. Kol walked over to his door and knocked. “Hey, Flex? You okay, buddy?”

“Please go away…”

"Flex, you can talk to me. You haven't left your room in a long time."

"I'm fine. Please go away," Flex said, more agitated. Kol sighed and backed away from the door.