< chapter one >

"Same as ever, Jackson?"
"Of course. I see you dyed your hair blonde,"
"It's not that hard to notice," she rolled her eyes.

He laughed and leaned over the railing, looking down at the sea below.

"I missed this place,"
"Where have you been, anyway?"
"Home,"

Home? Wasn't that here?

"Home?"
"Home is where my heart is, where my brothers are,"
"Youngjae, Mark and JB?"
"Nice to hear you know who my brothers are,"

But she still didn't fully understand. Where exactly was his home? Yeah, she knew it was where the others were, but what sort of place was it?

She pulled her bag to the front and unzipped it, taking out two bottles of yogurt and two straws and handing one to him.

"Back to tradition,"
"Thanks," he took it and immediately poked the straw in, taking a long drink. "Why do you have this, anyway?"
"Don't ask," she sighed. "It's been a year and I've been carrying that around for days. I had no one to drink with,"
"No way..." he widened his eyes dramatically. "Were you waiting for me?"
"Of course not," she shook her head, hitting his arm lightly. "But are Youngjae and Mark also here?"

His eyes narrowed, a suspicious look on his face.

"Are you going to go look for them?"
"No. I'm just curious if they're here, too,"
"Well, they're here. I just don't know where they went,"

She smiled and looked at him for a long time. One year since they had last seen each other before today and she realized just now how she missed him.

"Oh yeah, are you two friends now? You and Inhyung-ie?"
"... I suppose..." she nodded slowly.

They weren't exactly friends. They were still rivals, but neither of them made any move to anger the other. The only thing she and Joo Inhyung usually did to each other was wave when they met in the school hallways or anywhere else.

"You're not bullying her anymore, are you?"
"No..."
"Good girl,"

Her cheeks started to heat up when he ruffled her hair. He took another sip from his yogurt, and she did, too, taking a long drink. She avoided his eyes for a while.

"Hm... Do you want to go find Youngjae? Let's make a bet that he's playing the piano again in that mall he always went to a year ago,"

She chuckled and nodded.

"Another bet that he's dancing with Yugyeom,"
"You're on, Lee Jenny! Should we go to the mall first?"

And they went. To Jackson's disappoint, Youngjae was nowhere inside the mall. Next, they went to find Yugyeom. To both of their surprise, he was alone.

No one knew where he was, no matter how many people they asked, they would all answer with a shrug of their shoulders or a mere 'I don't know,'

"Where could he be?" Jackson fixed his snapback on his head, thinking.
"There he is!" she suddenly spoke, pointing at a tree in the distance.

They ran to the tree.

"He's sleeping!" Jackson said, his voice full of disbelief.
"It's Youngjae," she laughed quietly. "If he's not singing or playing the piano, he's sleeping. He's your brother. Shouldn't you know that by now?"

He flicked her forehead.

"Ow!"
"Shh!"

She glared at him, which he ignored as he stared down at the sleeping boy. He crouched down beside him and poked his cheek. No response. He knocked on his temple. Nothing. He leaned his face closer to Youngjae's ear and spoke loudly.

Youngjae's eyes shot open as he straightened up, his arms almost hitting Jackson's face.

"Jenny!" he said brightly, rubbing his eyes. "Hi!"
"Hey, Youngjae," she smiled. "Had a nice sleep?"
"Oh... Uhh..."

She laughed and sat down beside Youngjae.

"Sit down, Wang, unless you'd rather stand up for a while,"

He sat down silently before asking Youngjae where Mark was. Youngjae answered that Mark was probably with BamBam, competing to see who was faster with Mark on a skateboard and BamBam on a bicycle like usual.

"Is that what they always do?" she questioned.
"Pretty much," Youngjae nodded. "Never seen them do anything else. By the way, have you seen Yugyeom?"
"Yeah. We asked him where you were," Jackson replied. "He's on the rooftop, dancing. Good luck getting past his crowd of fans slash admirers,"

Then he ran off, leaving the two of them alone.

"What now?"
"Let's sit here for a while, before we go and find Mark and BamBam," he shrugged.
"Why do we need to find them?"
"Do we have anything better to do?"

Point.

_________________________________________________________________

First chapter's up ~ How is this?? ^^ I'm going to make my chapters shorter for this so it can reach 10 chaps and I'm not really used to writing about Jackson and in third person so yeah...