Let's Destroy Some Ooze- Part 3

[Dakotas POV]

"So what exactly is the plan here?" Spyder asked me as I adjusted the harness to fit me.

"Well I say since you are right when it comes to the fact that the monster, whatever it is, Isn't really attacking anyone, I say we head to the school with the antidote destroy the ooze, before the monster gets there, and if the monster does start attacking people..." I trailed of. "You know let's hope it doesn't get to that point, and leave it at that."  Then I felt my Mech-link vibrate on my wrist. I looked at to see a message from Mark. 

'Come to my workshop quickly, I need to talk to you before we leave.'

"I'll be right back." I said to Spyder and Harris. "I promise I'll be quick." I climbed down the ladder to the workshop just off of the X-deck. "Dude what do you need?" I opened the door to the workshop. "We really need to get going."

"I know I know, I just was wondering what do you want me to tell Ryan, if something is to happen to you?" He asked. Wow. I hadn't even thought about that. I would want him to know, but at the same time, that's going to make him feel even worse if something does happen to me.

"Honestly I hadn't thought about that, like at all." I said stumped. "If you were him what would you want?"

"If I were Ryan?" He asked. "I think I'd want to know. Also I'm asking hoping you'll say you want me to tell him because I don't want to have to keep that from him forever."

"Then I think you should tell him," I said. "Also tell my sister I'm really sorry. I've shared and kept so much from her, she has no idea how truly dangerous what I'm about to do is." He nodded and smiled sadly.

"I'll be right up okay." He said. I nodded and shut the door behind me. I made my way back to the control center and strapped into the harness for the first time in months. Spyder took one more crack at trying to get me to stop and wait for Ryan.

"Kota, listen, you know you don't have to do this if you don't want to." He said.

"I don't want to, But it's what's right." I said. "Just do me a favor, keep calling him or texting what ever you gotta do, just try and find him. As much as I don't want to see his face right now, I don't know how much of this I'm going to be able to handle." I took a breath and connected to the robot. It felt weird, probably because I hadn't used it in a while, but hey, I didn't die on impact so, that's a plus.

"So far so good." Harris strapped into his chair.

"Yeah. I totally got this." I said taking one step out of the hanger onto soIid ground. "Antidote is done right Harris?" He nodded.

"All in that capsule." He said as I looked at the long capsule in the robots hand. I rocket jumped us all the way to the school and we all remained in absolute silence.

—————

"We're here." I said when we landed in front of the school.

"No monster that's a good sign." Mark said "how you holding up Kota?"

"Honestly, a lot better than I expected." I said. Yes I know how I started that sentence with 'Honestly' but my head was starting to hurt, but they'd pull me off the control pad if I told them I felt off. "Alright, here goes nothing, can we get that drill on line?"

"Good to go." Harris said. I nodded to reassure myself as I knelt down and slowly pressed the robots hand into the ground. As I pulled the drill away the robot shook and I felt like I got hit in the back with a sack of bricks. I fell onto my forearms and could hear Harris yell,

"The antidote!" I knew what that meant.

"The antidote is gone." Mark said as I brought myself back to my feet. "Kota, you okay?"