Let's Destroy Some Ooze - Part 2

(Dakotas POV)

"Mark!" I yelled as I stormed out of the elevator towards his workshop.

"In here." He yelled back. I burst through the door, startling him a little. "Woah, what's the problem?"

"I want to kill your brother!" I blurted out slammed the part Leo gave me on tables the table next to him.

"Okay okay, calm down before you knock something over." He said putting down one of his tools. "And tell me what he did this time."

"He is going on a date." I said. He raised his eyebrows at me.

"Dakota I know you having to watch someone you like go on a date is tough but he has a right to go on a date with his girlfriend." He said as I rolled my eyes as he turned back to his project. "I'm not seeing the issue."

"Your not listing," I said "he's going on a date right now, as we speak!" I said. Mark slowly sat down his wrench again and looked up at me.

"He's what?" He asked in a monotone voice.

"You heard me." I said.

"If you don't kill him first, I will." Mark put a hand to the bridge of his nose. "Did he say when he's going to be done?"

"He said he'd be done with the movie at like midnight, but that doesn't matter! Midnight is cutting it way to close!" I yelled, maybe a little to loud. "We planned to go after the ooze at one. And by the off chance that Harper goes after the ooze and he isn't here, what am I going to do! Sit here and just let him get this much closer to destroying the world! I can't do that!"

"I completely understand that but you know thats what you have to do." Mark said trying to reason with me. "You know how dangerous controlling the robot would be."

"Yeah but if something happened to me, it wouldn't be anyone's fault but his!" I screamed. I silently sat down on the stool next to his table. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry I shouldn't of screamed like that but I just, I think me trying to be somewhat normal around him is hard enough, then watching him go out with someone I helped him get with is making it almost impossible to see him as my best friend anymore." He gave me a sympathetic look. "Why am I ranting about the guy I like to the brother of the guy I like?"

"I'm asking my self the same question." He said. I rested my forehead in my hands as we just sat in silence until someone named Spyder broke that silence. 

"Oh good your back!" He said as he came into the room holding a mech-link in his hand, even though he already had one on his wrists. "By the way where is Ryan, he left his Mech-link here." Mark and I slowly turned to him as I eyed the mech-link in his hand. 

"He did what?" I asked trying not to scream.

"Left his mech-link." Spyder said.

"I swear, I'm going to kill him when he gets back here." I ran my hand through my hair

"Why, what did he do?" Spyder asked. 

"Well for one, he's going to the movies with Yasmin and her friends and won't be back till almost midnight," I ranted. "And two, now he left his mech-link here!"

"Still not seeing the issue with the mech-link thing." Spyder shook his head.

"The mech-link is way easier to track someone one, you know in case one of us goes missing or something." I explained. "And the mech-link is obviously a little easier to keep track of considering you wear it on your wrist."

"Dakota I know that Ryans been kind of a pain lately but, he's not going to abandon the team like that." Mark said. "Let alone abandon you like that."

"Mark I'm sorry but if you haven't noticed, today was the first time the two of us have talked just the two of us in a long time, let alone hung out and spent hours together like we used to." I said angrily.