Let's Get Leo - Part 1

(Dakotas POV)

"There you are, where have you been?" Mark asked as I walked into the X-deck from the elevator.

"Oh shut it, don't act like you never miss anything robot related. So what's so urgent?" I asked referring to Harris call at 6:00 am saying we needed to meet at the robot because it 'couldn't wait'.

"Good, now that everyone's here, Since I won the Harper Grant, I've been doing a little recon on Leo's location" Harris said.

"An underwater base?" Mark questioned.

"Yup, and with a few modifications we can take Mech-X4 underwater." Harris said.

"So the tech from Mech-X3 can give the robot a submarine mode?" Ryan asked.

"Yes it can, but tell them Harris." Mark said, with some obvious bad news.

"But it won't be able to protect the robot from the intense pressure there. It can't go below crush depth." Harris explained.

"Crush Depth, awesome band name, calling it." Spyder yelled. I nodded, it is kind of a cool band name.

"If you go below it, you'll get squished. And die." Harris said a little dramatically.

"Squished and Die! First song we drop, calling it!" Spyder said. "Oh, I'm thinking Kota, you take the lead, Mark would you rather be the cool drummer or the hot bass guitarist?" I stifled a laugh as Harris said,

"Spyder, focus." He shut up and Harris pulled five black bracelets out of his pocket. "Because of that, I perfected these Mech-links. Think of it like a little bit of Mech-X4, on your wrist. Their fashionable and technical." We all snapped the bracelets on our wrists. "The mech-link has a few key features already built in. I ran my hand over the bracelet and I hit something that made Spyder and Ryan jump a few feet away from me.

"Woah, force fields, I like it, I like it." I said.

"Yeah, that's to swim from Mech-X4 to the prison, it'll provide limited air, protection and propel us through the water, like a private underwater hamster ball." Harris said. "We can even call each other on it, on a secure channel of course."

"Just wondering, how would I block four freshmen from calling me on this?" Mark asked.

"Best of all, I never would have perfected if it I didn't win the Harper Grant." Harris said.

"Ever since you got that Harper Grant you never hang out with us anymore." Spyder complained.

"That's not true." Harris contradicted.

"It's kinda true." Ryan said as I fell backwards onto the couch.

"Hey don't think he's the only one who ditch's us." Spyder said to Ryan. "You aren't around at all outside the robot."

"Hey, hey cut him some slack. He does have a girlfriend, unlike you three." I said.

"Thank you." Ryan said to me.

"And do you have a boyfriend?" Mark asks.

"I do not, and don't see how that's relevant." I shrug. "Spyder isn't wrong though. Neither of you are around a whole lot."

"Well I like it when you're not around." Mark shrugged.

"And I like it when you aren't around, so?" I add.

"Guys can we focus? Okay. Leo knows everything about me. Possibly about us." He said looking at me, I returned a small smile.

"Woah, woah slow down Ryan." Harris said "we could be facing a number of underwater threats. I'll commandeer a satellite and scan the area. It may take a few days." I stood up and said,