thirty-eight<3

continuing from last besties

tw: weed and alcohol

athena pov

"i cannot believe i'm smoking weed with you." he held his hand out again, asking for the joint.

i handed it over and patted the bed next to me.

"well. you are. youre also not going to care in about 30 minutes so there's that." i smiled

he blew the smoke straight into my face. "that's for ... doing illegal things."

i wafted the cloud of smoke away and gave him a look. "you're doing it too. your just as bad as i am."

"yeah but i'm of age to drink. here anyway." he raised his eyebrows at me, taking in another drag.

"give me that" i snatched it out of his hand and put it to my lips. "i will be of age. in a few months."

"but you're not." he laughed, and then lay back onto my bed.

"i said some really dumb stuff last time i did this, you know." i sighed, exhaling the smoke. "this is definitely a bad idea."

"oh i know." he chuckled quietly. "i'm a bad influence."

"you're not bad. just fun." i grin, laying down.

(a/n so random and off topic but summer depression by girl in red just started playing and it reminds me so much of summer LMFAO you wouldnt guess based on the name 😍🤞 but yeah it makes my heart feel fuzzy and happy anyway back to the story😁)

i look at him. "what do you think i should do?" i breathe.

i don't even need to explain what i mean.

"you shouldn't have tried to call it quits. i think. you want this if what you told me was the truth. go for what you want, athena. the more likely outcome is you get to be happy. you know? ranboo doesn't exactly hide his feelings"

i sighed deeply, and then sat up.

"i want to talk to him now. but i'm also on the road to being high now. this sucks." i handed nick the joint again. "i'll say all
the wrong things. i always do."

"well let's just have this night then, and then you can go back to being sad, okay?"

"oh shut up. i'm not that sad" i smiled at him gently. "fine."

"good" he grinned widely. "now. let's get drunk."

timeskip

"how did we even get here?" i laughed loudly as i swung gently on a swing. in a park. in the pitch black.

"we-" he hiccuped. "we went through the town over there. and then on that path at the front of the house." he smiled brightly.

i felt the breeze pushing against my face as i kept swinging. my hair was messy i assume, travelling in the way of the wind hitting my face. i held onto the chains supporting the seat of the swing tightly.

i put my head back and laughed loudly.

honestly, i thought this was a bad idea.

but it doesn't feel bad.

it feels so much better when i'm like this. like i don't have to care for a while. until reality comes back.

but it's nice while it lasts.

"good evening" a new voice snapped me out of my trance, and i stopped swinging.