Aries

My name is Amber. I was born on April 4th, in the year 2977. I am an Aries. As the battle ram of the zodiac, I am driven, independent, loyal, optimistic, I hate failure, I hate to be wrong and I always have the last word.

My childhood innocence was cut short. At eight, I lost my father, King James. We all called him Jamie. My mother Jennifer never recovered. She was the first Leo and youngest Queen on the throne of Zodious at eleven. After Jamie died, I was never out of her sight. Our bond grew stronger than ever. And as the saying goes, Leos and Aries' are the most compatible. Fire is always best with more fire. 

When a member of the royal family comes of age at fifteen, the galaxy bestows a power to them according to thier zodiac. Jennifer's was fire. Mine was mind reading. I now knew what someone was going to say before they opened thier mouths. I could scope out the lairs as they only spoke the truth in thier head. And I began to understand my mother's love and grief for Jamie when listening to her troubled mind. 

My mother was the example of grace and power. Yet she hid so much of her pain. There was a smile on her face but I could see in her head, she was suffering. This troubled me since this was a few years after Jamie had died. One night, I wanted to know more. She was thinking of others she had lost. Her three older sisters. Mary, Beatrice and Ava. Jennifer told me many stories about them but avoided speaking of thier death. That was until I wore her down. 

"Five years into Mary's rein, there was a plague. It infected the blood and could kill you in a day. It spread to the castle. Mary caught it. Then Beatrice. After Ava fell ill, I was locked away in the north tower to keep me safe. But I didn't want to be away from Ava. I was the closest to her. At night, I melted the door lock and sneaked to her room. She looked half dead. We held each other and I prayed to the Galaxy to keep her alive. The next morning, I was declared Queen. The Galaxy didn't listen. Ava was only queen for twenty two hours. Isn't that funny?" 

I understood now. Her pain. Her sorrow. Her past. And after telling me all that, Jennifer began to laugh. It the only thing she could do once she ran out of tears. I laughed with her. We laughed all night. Remembering the good times we had with our family that went beyond the Galaxy.

That was the last conversation I had with her. The day before my sixteenth birthday, I found my mother dead on her bedroom floor. She was holding a now shattered glass. The royal doctor found arson in it. The one who gave her that drink was her personal handmaid. When I questioned her, she spoke nothing but lies yet her mind told me everything I needed to know. She hated the royal family and wanted to start a revolt. It was on my order that the traitor was hung the next day.

Just as Jennifer was, I was thrown into the role of Queen. 

After the death of the traitor, I had no time to mourn. My grief was put aside as I became wary of everyone around me. I read thier minds until I knew they weren't a danger to Zodious. But my fear of finding another enemy lead me jump to conclusions. I almost exiled the entire staff if it wasn't for my advisor Miranda. 

She and her daughters Donna and Stella were the only people I could trust back then. Once the castle had been cleared of corruption, another tragedy fell upon me during the second anniversary of Jennifer's death. Miranda passed away peacefully in her bed. She lived a noble and long one hundred and three years of life. She spent her years selflessly and humbly advising my Great Grandmother Veronica, my Grandmother Gloria, my Great Aunt Mary and my mother.

I do have to admit, I drank a lot after her funeral. I slept all day. Had various affairs with men and women. And during the lowest moment of my life, I received a shining miracle. On the eve of my twentieth birthday, I assigned a new advisor. His name was Aaron Alexander.