Chapter 16-

After bidding your farewells to Madame Ping, you returned to Yujing Terrace to give Zhongli the Cleansing bell.

"Indeed, this is the Cleansing bell," Zhongli took it from your hands, "Hmm, it's still in good condition. Let's place the perfume we prepared inside."

As Zhongli was doing that, Aether suddenly asked him, "Are you an adeptus?"

"Adeptus..." he mumbled in thought but said nothing more.

"That's suspicious... But if you don't wanna talk about it, we won't pry. Oh yes," you remembered, "Madame Ping asked us to tell you something. 'If you have the time, you can come over for tea. I don't have much to offer, but you can always count on an old lady for a pot of tea.'"

Zhongli chuckled at your Madame Ping voice,  "Her teapot is indeed very good. There are none better for brewing tea. When a suitable time arrives, I'll bring a spot of fine tea and pay her a visit."

"So what's the next step in our preparations?" Aether questioned.

Zhongli began to tell you how kites played various symbolic roles in Liyue's traditions, and led you to go purchase one. The woman who was creating and selling these kites had a small conversation with you about them.

"Well then, Granny Shan, I shall take these back for me," Zhongli took the kites, "As for the payment..."

You and Aether facepalmed as he trailed off.

"'As for the payment' he says!" Aether exclaimed.

"Well, allow me," a certain smiling ginger walked up to you three.

"Hey, it's Childe!" you waved at him.

"Did you arrange to meet us here?" Aether asked.

"Haha, no, I was merely passing through. I see Mr. Zhongli's the same as ever. When paying— well, when getting others to pay for him, he neither looks at the price tag nor his wallet. He knows a great deal about money, and about the trials of the common man. He just doesn't consider poverty to be something that could ever happen to him," he chuckled.

"How has he not died of hunger yet?" you questioned.

"Childe, you are as fond of jokes as ever," Zhongli smiled, "Well then, since we've purchased our kites without incident, there's no need to take a break before moving on to the next step in our preparations. The Rite of Parting requires helping hands as well as materials. We should be able to find some people near the harbor."

"Oh, by the way, Travelers, take this bag of money. You probably won't want to let Zhongli do the bargaining, if you know what I mean," Childe grinned as he handed you the mora and left.

After walking around Liyue Harbor with Zhongli, looking for workers to gather some extra materials and negotiating prices with them, you and Aether met Childe by a petit fountain.

"All finished then?" Childe turned as he noticed you, "Any leftover cash is yours to keep— a favour for the Fatui should never go unrewarded."

"You think you can buy us off with some loose change? No way! I demand to know when the next payments are coming!" you exclaimed.