Chapter 7-

"Everyone, please step aside! I, the best bard of the mortal world, shall begin my performance with the Holy Lyre!"

You watched as Venti's small figure slowly approached the cliff edge, framed and silhouetted by an expanse of fluffy clouds stained with colours ranging from caramel to magenta. His delicate fingers then began to strum a gentle melody on the Holy Lyre. You, Aether, Jean and Diluc simply listened for a moment, the tune carried by the wind caressing your ears.

However, your seconds of peace were cut short as the wind picked up and the cliff started to rumble.

Before you could process what had happened, you shielded your face against a fierce blast of air. Stormterror, or rather Dvalin, flew vertically up from beneath the cliff with a deafening roar, coming to hover above the edge of the cliff.

You heard his ominous, snarling voice, "You have come... What has been done can not be undone."

"Then why do I see sadness in your eyes?" Venti called up to him, "Sadness that speaks of your yearning for this song."

Dvalin only growled.

"They are... communicating?" Jean marvelled before her eyes widened, "Huh?!"

A crackling beam of power suddenly hit Venti, knocking him to the ground and the lyre out of his hands. As its wooden frame collided with the ground, the anemo power you had previously restored vanished in a wisp of teal light.

"Venti!"

You all ran up to him as an abyss mage steadily appeared from behind Dvalin, snickering in its unbearably ugly voice.

"Do not be fooled by him, dear dragon... He left you to rot alone!" the mage screeched at Dvalin.

Venti just watched in pain as Aether and Jean put their arms in front of him protectively.

"Now he attempts to deceive you once more..." the abyss mage continued.

"Barbatos..." Dvalin snarled.

Wait. Barbatos?

"Let your wrath fester! Mondstadt has already turned its back on you!" at that, Dvalin roared up into the sky.

"You!" he yelled, "You were planning this all along?! To have me slain by them?!"

"No! Listen to me!" Venti desperately called up to the aggrieved dragon.

The abyss mage floated onto Dvalin's back, "The time has come for the dragon to serve its true master! While you bewail your pathetic selves and watch the world tremble with fear!"

With a thundering flap of his wings, Dvalin took off into the distance.

"Dvalin..." Venti's dejected eyes staggeringly looked down at the ground.

"Barbat- Venti, please be careful!" Jean fretfully called.

"Heheh, you've known my true identity for some time now Jean, haven't you?" his usually cheery voice sounded anguished and heartbroken, "Though, I thank you for continuing to use the name Venti."

"Are you okay Venti?" you worriedly asked.

Venti gave you a sad little smile, "I'll be fine."