Chapter 6-

Later, at midnight, you and Aether headed back to Angel's Share. The three people inside turned as you walked in. Diluc, Venti, and... Jean?

"You're here," Diluc greeted.

"Wait, Aether and (Y/N)?" Jean confusedly queried.

"The Acting Grand Master?" you responded the same way.

"Well, first of all, I contacted more than one person," Diluc stated, "Secondly, she came here as 'Jean' herself, not the Acting Grand Master. A Jean you would never see, even as Honorary Knights."

"What a surprise, I heard about the Holy Lyre, but I never suspected it was you," Jean said, though she didn't seem bothered, "So, the sound of the Holy Lyre can purify Stormterror and return it to normal... is that true?"

"That's right! The Honorary Knights are putting themselves on the front line to try and resolve this Stormterror issue," Venti cheered.

"I understand this kind of absurd explanation is hard to believe," Diluc started, "But we can ask the bard to play the song again to persuade—"

"I believe you."

It took Diluc a moment, "Wait what?"

"I can't think of any reason for Dvalin's betrayal, given it was once one of the Four Winds." Jean then explained to you that she couldn't make this statement publicly, as most Mondstadt citizens would obviously be doubtful, and that this was a private affair.

"What surprises me is that you would believe a couple of outlanders so easily," Diluc folded his arms.

Jean turned to look up at Diluc, "My cautious and meticulous superior, even you trust them. Don't you sir?"

"I already told you not to call me sir," Diluc said annoyedly, "Never mind. We don't often get to work together after all."

You and Aether glanced at each other but said nothing.

"Uhh..."

"Hmph."

"Wow, uh, this is really awkward."

"I have a rough idea of where the Holy Lyre der Himmel is," Jean suddenly changed topic. She told you everything about the tension with the Fatui and their goal to take the Anemo God's power.

"Outlanders, ready to go?" Diluc asked as you and Aether nodded.

"Jean just said the Fatui are trying to take Dvalin's power for the Cryo God," Venti said as you made to leave, "I fear this may fall short of their true intentions. I think they intend to use Barbatos' connection to the wind to draw him out."

"The God of Anemo..? Hasn't been seen for over a thousand years, what makes you think that's their true intention?" Diluc questioned.

"Uhh... ah..."

"..? Forget it, I don't like having to pry," as you three left the tavern, Diluc turned and handed you something, "Aether, (Y/N), take this."

"What are they?"

"Disguises, to protect your identities. Put them on before you run into the Fatui. Unfortunately they are still one of Mondstadt's allies, at least that's the facade we're maintaining," he clicked his tongue, "Our actions are going to get them stirred up. Try not to implicate yourselves on a personal level."