Chapter 10-

As you exited the Cathedral doors, you and Aether caught two Fatui agents about to strike Venti from behind. Quickly, you blew them away and ran to attack them, however they disappeared into the ground again.

Then you heard the snap of fingers being clicked behind you.

You turned to a harsh gust of icy wind, trying to shield your face against it as Venti used some anemo power to create a barrier. Unexpectedly, sharp icicles began to creep up his legs, refraining his movement.

Two Fatui agents jumped on you and Aether each, restricting your arms behind your backs as you struggled against them. You picked your head up to a low chuckle.

A tall woman dressed in black, white, and red leisurely walked up to the scene, accompanied by two cicin mages behind her.

"At last, Mondstadt's rodent ruler in the flesh."

She wore a black and white low cut dress, lines of ebony diamonds travelling up from it to her neck, and long dark gloves that were attached to a deep blood red cape, accented with gold, trailing down to the floor. Her platinum blonde hair was adorned with an intricate black headpiece, one bit extending down to cover one eye with black lace. You could easily say she was attractive, however this first impression of her's wasn't the most delightful.

"Scurrying through the streets, looking for leftovers," she grabbed Venti's face with one hand, "Mondstadt calls this a god?" she said while roughly turning his face to the side.

"Resident rodent beats invasive vermin—" she slapped Venti as he began to reply. You and Aether struggled against the agents again.

"Don't you dare speak back to me, you insolent bard."

She then took a step back as Venti summoned some wind, attempting to break the ice off his legs.

"Absentee Archon of Mondstadt," she continued, "how impotent you've become."

"That smirk you wear looks out of place, did you steal it from your Master's face?" Venti retorted.

The lady's expression dropped to one of annoyance and raising one hand, she blasted a burst of ice at Venti, blowing him back. She swiftly moved next to him and said in his ear,

"Should've held your tongue."

A sudden powerful burst of energy emitted from the both of them. When it cleared you saw her hand... inside Venti's chest?

She pulled it out in a flash of teal light as Venti fell to the floor. Her gloved hand held a small item up in the air, it looked like a chess piece, one glowing with anemo energy.

"So, this is a gnosis? Wouldn't be caught dead wearing this ugly thing in public," she scrutinised the object.

"Beauty is a waste, when the beholder has no taste," Venti struggled to say, clutching at his chest.

The lady turned around and walked up to the poor bard. She kicked him hard as he blacked out.

"Venti!" you and Aether both called out.

The lady looked at you both struggling, "Well... we have what we came here for. Come, before our dear Favonian friends arrive. Leave nothing for them to find."