Chapter 11- Liyue

"The God of Contracts, senselessly slaughtered as his people watched on in horror. In the end, he will sign the contract to end all contracts."

You and Aether lingered in Mondstadt for a couple more days, simply completing commissions and trying to save up some money for Liyue. You had learnt that the city was known as the Capital of Commerce, and was home to the most illustrious trading industries in Teyvat.

Speaking of what you had learnt, during your time in Mondstadt you had spent a fair bit of it in the library.  Lisa was more than happy to have you, you even had tea with her a few times.

Reading about this world was just... wow. There was so much to it, every individual nation having its own creatures and traditions and wonders. Besides your original mission, knowing what awaited you in the next 6 nations ignited your heart with a newfound passion to venture onwards.

If you had to be stuck in this world, far be it from you to not explore every single corner and crevice of it.

As you prepared to leave the City of Freedom, Katheryne told you of the Liyue branch of the Adventurer's Guild. Apparently, there was another Katheryne who also stood 24/7 at the reception.

Eventually, the time came for you and Aether to bid your farewells to Jean and set off for Liyue.

You travelled southwards, noticing how the rocky terrain around you became more and more mountainous as you went on. Overgrown pillars of stone and earth loomed over you both, branches of ginkgo trees smothered in their amber leaves reaching out from trickling stream-filled cracks in the rock. The golden ginkgo leaves floated down with the glittering cascades, their drops filling lush ponds of gorgeous lilies and lily pads.

Even a blind person could differentiate between Mondstadt and Liyue. Besides the alluring scenery, the air wasn't as free and feathery as Mond's, but distinctly more weighty and impressive. This was the land of contracts after all.

In the distance, you saw a lofty building with interestingly intricate architecture. It seemed to be built around a hill, wooden stairs winding up and around the earth. Before that however, was a Statue of the Seven.

Unlike in Mondstadt, where an angel-like statue of the Anemo Archon stood atop it, this one had a bare-chested, hooded man. In his hands he held a small cube.

Like in the beginning of your journey, Aether stepped forwards and touched the statue, only this time you mirrored his actions at the same time. A golden glow surrounded you two, and your once teal glowing clothes adopted a honey-coloured luminescence.

Looking at Aether, you had to say this colour matched much better with his outfit.

"The person on top of this statue must be the Geo Archon," he observed.

"Wow he looks kinda..." you gazed up at the statue with a small smile playing at your lips.

Aether raised an eyebrow at you.

As you passed the building you spotted earlier, you learnt it was known as Wangshu Inn. It was still daytime however, so you continued down south.

At last, just as dusk drew closer and the suns rays began their descent to rest, you made it to Liyue Harbor. And archons, how beautiful it was.