I'm Sorry Mason.

When all was said and done, I was left with the person that started it all. My fingers were itching, just begging me to pull the trigger.

"Son, please think about this. I love you, and -"

"Shut the fuck up!!!! I've given you one last chance to prove yourself worthy of being a proper father, and you instead spit in my face. Do you enjoy seeing me suffer? Do you enjoy seeing my pain?" I broke down in front of him, and I didn't care.

"I did what was best for you, son. Don't you see? Me and you, we could run this town, this entire country even. And your love for this girl put our plan in jeopardy!!!"

"I'm done with your crap." Cocking my gun one last time before aiming it straight between his eyebrows, I had enough. "Fuck you, and fuck your bullshit."

"Go to hell, you bastard!!!!"

"I vacation there." With a last smirk, I pulled the trigger, shooting him square between his eyebrows.

With a loud thud, his heavy body fell to the ground.
How I felt that I just killed my own father? I could care less at this point.

(Song playing : Harry Styles - Adore You)

*Mason, are you there?!?!*

*Yeah, why do you sound so panicky? Is she okay??*

*Well....listen man....*

*What Logan, what is it?!?! Where is she?!?!*

*The men found a car at the bottom of the bridge.*

*And?!?!*

*That was the car she was driving. It's burnt beyond recognition.*

*What....what are you saying to me?*

*I'm sorry Mason....the men say that there's a strong possibility that she didn't make it.*

Pain. Pain is all I felt at that moment.
'There's a strong possibility that she didn't make it.'

'I'm sorry Mason.'

'That was the car she was driving.'

'Burnt beyond recognition.'

Those were the words that were repeating themselves in my mind, on repeat,unable to switch them off.

I couldn't stop the tears that fell from my eyes. My knees gave out from under me, sending me kneeling down on the cold concrete floor.

I didn't even feel the presence of a person walking in. All I felt was a touch on my shoulder.

"I'm sorry bro. Truly. I've sent some men over to check the damage of the car, and hopefully, she's still alive."

"I can't live without her. Drew can't live without her. I...love her Dom." I struggled through my tears.

"I hope she's still alive, I pray that she is. I should've ended the old bastard when I had the chance." Gesturing towards the lifeless body of our father a few feet away from us.

"Get the car ready, I'll be there in a second."

Dom gave me a sad smile, before getting up and giving me one last pat on the back. " Take as much time as you need, and after that, we'll find our princess."

I don't know how long I sat there, but soon as I looked outside it was already dark. Wiping any remnants of dried up tears, I got up, with determination to find my Zara, alive.

¶¶¶¶¶¶

The drive was, silent....gloomy. Not even music was played.

"Did you take care of the body?"