Our Little Guy.

After an excruciatingly painful birth, about a week later we were ready to leave the hospital. One thing I was grateful for, apart from Baby D, was that the pain in my lower region has gotten increasingly better, and I could walk by myself.

Soon as we walked in our house, we were greeted by his Mason's brothers and wives holding a ton of blue and silver balloons.
"Heyyo!!!! How's the little guy ehh?" Hunter came in front, his Italian accent thick in his voice.

"He's great, he eats like his father though."

"Pfff, I could believe that sweetie. Good to have you back with our nephew this time." Bellowed Nadine who was holding the salad bowl.
Soon enough everyone wanted to see our boy, with aww's and ouu's everywhere in the room.

"Ugh, I wish we would have one more baby, right Dom?" Cried Mila to her husband who was already trying to evade the conversation.

"Uhhhh, hey who's hungry, I know I am!!!!!!"

"Oh shup Dom, you know you want another baby, you know, just before we came here he -"

"Hoekay sweetheart, don't get too carried away now!!" He said closing her mouth with his hand, making us all laugh.

The rest of the day was a blur, with occasional questions and advice about being a new mom, which was very helpful, but fuck I was tired.

"So Zara, what have you guys decided to call him?"

Me and Mason looked at each other before answering, "we've decided on naming him Drew Tanner Anderson."

"Sheesh, we should've left the baby naming to you guys, y'all are good at this." Said a surprised Logan in the back, followed by hums of approval.

"Okay guys, I think we should give the parents some time to relax and enjoy this moment yea? We'll drop by as much as we can guys. See you later!!!!"

¶¶¶¶¶¶

30 minutes and a diaper change later, Drew is finally asleep, and I get to have some me time. It doesn't last long before I hear a noise from downstairs.

'What the fuck are you doing here?!'

'Son I just want to talk to you, it's urgent.'

'I have nothing to say to you, not after what you have put me through.'

'Bullshit, you just want another cash injection to save your dying business. Just cut your losses and retire already old man, you've lost the hang of things.'

I walk down the stairs to see who he's arguing with.
On the other side of the door I see a much older man, probably in his mid 70s, with full head of grey hair and a striking resemblance to Mason.

Before I get a chance to say anything Mason turns and sees me, before extending his hand out for me to take, before holding me close to his side.

"Is there anything else?"

"Ahh yes, a little birdie told me that you're a father now, and I'm guessing this is the lovely fiancee."

Something about his smile seemed very....sinister. He just gave off bad vibes.

"Not that it's any of your business anyways. Just go, I mean it this time. Stay away." I've never seen him get this way, especially over family. I held onto his hand to calm him down which seemed to work almost immediately.

"Alright then, I guess I'll be on my way. It was nice meeting you....Zara."

"Likewise." Replying as curtly as I could.