uh oh?

you hissed in pain as Mystery lifted up your arm, inspecting it.  You were laying down on a raggedy hospital bed, with the strange doctor inspecting you.

"God, can you stop that?" You slurred out. The pain was beginning to become a bit too much, and you were very much annoyed. Mystery shook his head and continued inspecting your limbs without a word.

"Can... can I get my phone back?" You asked again. Mystery stopped what he was doing, lowering your arm a bit.

"...why do you want to leave so badly?"

Instantly the air became tense. His voice wasn't his regular goofy, high pitched tone, but instead a quiet, and awfully emotionless. He stared at you, waiting for your answer quietly with his eyes piercing yours.

"I-I, uh, I just want to check up on my friends... nothing more." You stuttered, and you hated yourself for it. Your muscles tensed as you felt the air thicken even more. Mystery gave you one last look before he continued with his work. This time, you didn't complain about how you were hurting, instead you tried to keep quiet. Even going as far to not move or to make a sound whenever he pulled your arm causing a painful sensation.

As you layed on your back, staring at the popcorn ceiling, you kept wondering. What the hell was that about? Did you do something wrong to piss him off? You didn't like feeling this way. You felt unsafe. Uncomfortable. Nervous. Maybe asking about your phone made him seem so... unusual? Wasn't your fault the stairs broke beneath your feet. Wasn't your fault he pulled you up by the arm so suddenly. Or was it? Either way, it was YOU that decided to come here in the first place, knowing damn well anything could've went wrong.

Maybe this whole situation was your fault after all.

Mystery kept shuffling in his bag, pulling out random medical instruments and testing them out on your limbs. He eventually ended this "appointment" by wrapping your limbs up in bandages.

"There! Alllll better!" You flinched at the sudden sound of his voice, you were focused on not moving an inch, his high pitched voice came back. You sat up straight, slowly and inspected the bandaging he had done on you.

"Uhm, thanks Dr." You mumbled. You didn't know what else to say, especially to the guy you now felt off about, but he seemed to be back to his normal cheery self.

"Dr. Mystery is glad you're already feeling better! Here's a special treat for you!"

You raised a brow, Mystery put a hand on your shoulder, gently caressing it. He softly moved his hand up to your shoulder and down to your wrist lightly. He put his other hand on the back of your neck, and used it to gently push you towards him, as he leaned towards you as well.  His hands mesmerized you, sending you a shiver down your spine, his face nearing yours. You felt a sharp numbing pain in your shoulder.

This was all you could remember, before you ended up where you are now.

Tied to a chair. Isolated in a dark room.