Epilogue - Same Life As Usual

[Final chapter]

A few years after the wedding...

Location - Flower Shop

Your POV

Life was great to be honest. I got married to the girl of my dreams, I'm managing a successful business and Ran and I had a kid together. His name is Shingo, and he is a four year old who likes to cause trouble. But Ran and I have been able to keep in check, but take your eyes off of him, then he'll start acting up.

Today Ran was at home with Shingo due to him having the flu, so I was left to manage the shop alone. It was a quiet day, just the way I like it. As I was starting to feel bored out of my mind, someone walked into the store, or rather... two certain individuals.

"Welcome to the flower shop! How can I-"

"(Y/N)? Is that you?"

"Mom? Dad?"

I don't believe it... My parents, the two people who brought me into the world, decided to show up out of nowhere.

"Wow... it's umm... been a while since I last saw you two." I said awkwardly.

"Yeah, it has." My father replied.

"Does this... flower shop belong to you?" My mother asked.

"Yeah. Well, me and wife run this shop together." I answered.

Mom and dad looked shocked.

"You got married? Why didn't you tell us?" My mother asked.

"Why would you care? You never cared about me on what I do to begin with." I said. You know, let 'em know.

"I know we hurt you in the past, but we realize what we did was wrong and wanted to apologize." My mother said.

"What do you say son? Are you willing to make amends with us?" My father asked.

I know exactly what to say to these two.

"You know what? No, I am not going to make amends with you both. I wouldn't do that if you two were the last people on earth." I said.

"You don't?" My mother questioned.

"No."

I took a deep breath before speaking up again.

"For years, I've dealt with your guys' abuse and I cry in my sleep because of it. But after meeting my wife and my friends, I started to focus on myself, and I am doing pretty well right now." I said.

"I see..."

"So for the sake of my happiness, I would appreciate it if you walked away from the store, and never talk to me again."

My parents didn't say anything. They just nodded and walked out of the store, and I went back to managing my store.
______________________________________

End of the day...

Location - (L/N) Residence

I headed home after closing up shop for the day. When I got home, I was greeted by my wife and kid, who was looking a lot better.

"Hey, I'm home." I said as I removed my shoes.

"Hi daddy!" Shingo said and gave me a big hug.

"Hey buddy, you feeling better?" I asked.

"Yep! Thanks to mommy!" He said.

I looked towards Ran and smiled at her.

"Sorry for leaving you to take care of our son." I apologized.

"It's okay. Someone needed to watch the store." Ran said as she came over to give me a kiss on the cheek.

"I guess so. Now that he is feeling better, what should we do?" I asked.

"How about we go to Tsugumi's cafe? I'm sure her and the others will want to see Shingo." She suggested.

"That sounds like a good idea to me."

Ran got Shingo ready to leave the house. And once we were ready to go, we headed over to Tsugumi's new cafe. However, my parents were still on my mind. Who needs them when I got the best wife and son to be with?

The end

A/N: That is it for The Rebellious Flower, and I hoped you guys liked it. It finally happened... I was able to complete this book. Once again, thank you guys for your endless amount of support and patience. I know it must've been a pain because of how long I had to pause the book for, but I am sure it was worth it for some of you.

Go ahead and comment down below your favorite chapter from the book, see you in my next book update, and have a good one. :)