Chapter 2 - Building Up Depression

A week later...

Location - (L/N) Residence, Living Room

The day seemed to be normal for the most part. No problem arose while I was at school, and I have been writing more lyrics like it was a hobby or something. But once school was done for the day, my heart began to break because I know what is coming next. For real, though, my parents would get mad at me for doing something good, they get mad at me for when I am doing something bad, and they would often get mad at me just for being myself. Why do they hate me?

Depression started to slowly build up around my heart as I entered my house. My parents were already there, and they were giving me a cold stare. I didn't do anything wrong besides coming home from school.

"Son, we need to have a chat with you." My father said.

"What is it?" I asked nervously.

"We've noticed lately you are becoming quite the disappointment." My mother said. Me, a disappointment? How the hell did they come to that conclusion when I haven't been failing school.

"How am I a disappointment exactly?" I asked.

"You keep coming towards us like you... love us or something." My father began.

"And that is quite stupid because we don't feel anything towards you." My mother finished. Hang on...

Do they seriously not hear the words coming out of their mouths? I am their son, of course I am going to love and care about them, but... I can tell that won't happen now.

"We've always wanted to have a daughter instead of a son, so we're gonna leave this town, and leave you behind." My father said.

What?! This has to be some kind of prank, right?

"But... why? I want to go with you!" I said and tried to hug my mother, but she just pushed me instead.

"Don't you dare touch me!" She snapped.

All I can do was cry and ran out the door, and at the front yard, dad somehow managed to get all of my stuff and just threw it out here.

"Now leave, you pathetic disappointment."

I just didn't say anything I grabbed my stuff. The question is, where do I go now? I could go see if Ran has a spare bedroom at her house, but I don't want her to worry about me. So instead, I just went in an opposite direction, hoping something will happen to me.
______________________________________

A few days later...

Location - Hazawa Coffee

Ran's POV

We held an Afterglow meeting at Hazawa Coffee to talk about our next show, like we always do. We even invited (Y/N) to join us since it feels like he is apart of Afterglow too, but no matter how many times Moca and I tried to get a hold of him, he hasn't picked up his phone, and we're starting to worry.

"He hasn't answered, as he?" Tomoe asked.

"No, he hasn't." I replied.

"Moca, you've known him longer. Do you have any idea what is going on?" Himari asked her.

"Hmmm... Moca-chan has no idea." She replied. Why don't I believe that?

"Maybe we should wait a few more minutes before calling him again." Tsugumi suggested.

"Well, okay..." I replied in a soft tone.

After a while, someone walked into Hazawa Coffee. It was (Y/N), and while everyone was happy that he was safe, there was something different about him, and I can tell.

"(Y/N)-kun, it's about time you showed up." Himari said.

"Sorry... I was held up at school." He said and smiled. At least, I think he is okay.

"You must be hungry, right? Would you like to have our seasonal special?" Tsugumi asked him.

"Yeah, that would be nice." He said and sat down next to me.

"So, (Y/N), we tried to call you, but you didn't answer." I said.

"Oh, you did? I guess my phone died." He replied and chuckled. I can't put my finger on it, but something is definitely wrong with him. 

"Wow, I didn't think Ran would care so much about (Y/N)-kun." Moca said.

My face turned red.

"It's not like that, I swear." I said, blushing.

"That does seem to be the case." Tomoe said.

"It's okay, just be honest with yourself, Ran." Himari said with a grin.

"Can you guys just shut up?!" I said with my face completely red, and everyone started laughing.

"Well, since everyone is here now, maybe we can get started with our meeting now?" Tsugumi questioned.

Everyone nodded in an agreement.

"Alright, order in the court!" Moca said, acting like a judge. "I am Judge Aoba-san. I am funny as hell, and you will quote everything that I say."

Like any of us will do that...
______________________________________

A few hours later...

Location - Residential Area

As usual, the meeting we had was not bad. However, I was walking home with Moca, and she was still teasing me about being concerned for (Y/N).

"It's okay, Ran. You can admit that you have a crush on him." She said.

"Can you just stop?" I asked Moca.

"Fine, fine, Moca-chan apologizes." She replied calmly.

"But you know, I really am worried about him. You sure you don't know anything?" I asked.

"Nope. Moca-chan doesn't know a thing." She said. 

Somehow, I don't believe that. Moca knows him pretty well, so there is something going on that she is not telling us...

To be continued

A/N: Here is the next chapter guys, and forgive me for it not being as long as the other two chapters. Hope you guys liked it, see you in the next chapter, and have a good one.