Chapter 11 - Doing The Arranging

A week later...

Location - (L/N) Residence, (Y/N)'s Room

Your POV

At the start of a brand new day, I slowly woke up in my new bedroom. It's still hard to believe that I was able to score a place of my own. I got used to sleeping at Ran's house on the couch that I almost forgot what sleeping on a bed felt like. And to be honest, I miss sleeping on one a lot.

After waking up, the first thing I did was to take a shower, then I began to eat some breakfast before heading off for school. While eating, I got a text message from Ran, like usual. She and I have been texting each other everyday before our respective schools starts class for the day. And when the weekend comes, she and I would talk on the phone for as long as we can.

Ran's text: Morning, my love. How did you sleep?

Your text: Hi Ran, I slept okay. How about you? 

Ran's text: I had a hard time sleeping because of something my father told me...

Your text: Oh, do you want to talk about it?

Whatever the issue is, I just hope it won't be a problem for our relationship...

Ran's text: I don't know...

Your text: Oh, is it because you don't trust me?

Ran's text: It's not like I don't trust you... it's just...

Your text: Just what?

Ran's text: Do you think I can come over after school? I feel like this is something I should talk about in person.

This must be really serious if she only wants to talk about this in person...

Your text: Okay, that works for me.

Ran's text: Thanks. I'll see you later.

Your text: Yeah, see you later.

Now that I am done texting her, I can get myself to school before I'm late.
______________________________________

After school...

Location - (L/N) Residence, Living Room 

After school, I made sure to get home as fast as possible so I can get ready for Ran to come over. Thankfully, I was informed that Ran had to be with Afterglow at the last minute, so that gives me a chance to clean the place up. It was also a good thing that I didn't have to work today because the owner went on vacation for a week, otherwise Ran would be waiting for a long period of time.

First, I changed out of my school uniform and changed into my normal clothes, then I grabbed the broom and dustpan and started sweeping up.

During the cleaning, though, I couldn't get what Ran said out of my mind. I hope... it's nothing too serious... However, I was brought back to reality by a knock at my door.

"Oh, that must be Ran." I said to myself.

I placed the broom and dustpan aside to go open the door. There was Ran who looked happy to see me, but she looked stressed about something.

"Ran, are you okay?" I asked.

"No, not really. May I come in?" She asked.

"Yes, of course."

Ran walked inside my place and I closed the door. She removed her shoes and sat down on my couch. Afterwards, she let out a deep sigh before I sat down next to her.