Chapter 18 - Anniversary Dinner

A few years later...

Location - (L/N) Residence, Living Room

Your POV

The years have come and gone, and to be honest, it was a complete blur. Myself and the girls from Afterglow finished high school, and now we're in college, trying our best to make our own dreams a reality. To the surprise of many, Ran and I decided that we were going to run a flower shop together. It won't be an easy thing to pull off, but if anyone can pull it off, it's us.

Ran even made the decision on moving in with me. And as you can guess, we had to break the news to her father. As you expect, he was upset about his only daughter moving away, but because of everything I have done for Ran, he slowly gave me his approval and she moved in with me fully.

One day, on a normal afternoon weekend, Ran and I were doing our homework for one of the classes we're taking in college. It took us a few hours to finish it. By the time we were done, I let out a sigh.

"I don't think I can write anymore..." I said.

"Me neither, but at least we're done." Ran said.

"That is true. Do you think we should celebrate by going somewhere?" I asked.

"That could be a good idea." Ran said.

"Awesome! I'll let you decide on where we should go." I told her.

"That's fine, but do you think I can take a nap first?" She asked.

"Of course. No need to ask."

Ran nodded as she got up and walked over to the bedroom. Truth be told, I needed a nap as well. As I headed to the bedroom myself to go join Ran, something on the calendar caught my attention.

I looked at what day it was and realized that it was the anniversary of the first day we met. I guess we've been so busy with college that I guess we never noticed. And since we're going out today, this will be like... an anniversary dinner.

"I think I know what to get her." I said to myself.

I took a peek through the door to see if she really was taking a nap. Thankfully she was. This gives me a chance to sneak off, and buy her a quick gift. I might be tired, but I wasn't going to let that stop me.
______________________________________

A few hours later...

Location - Family Restaurant

What I got for Ran for our anniversary is a necklace that looked really expensive. This is what happens when you've been saving up your money for the last few years. When it time for us to leave, I made sure that the necklace stayed in the box I bought it in, and said box was in my pocket, undamaged.

Ran decided that she wanted to go to the local restaurant, and I couldn't say no to that. As we made it to the restaurant, we sat down at a random table.

"Is this table okay?" I asked.

"I guess it's fine."

The menus were provided to us and we looked at them for a while. I figured I can use this moment to give Ran the necklace I bought.

"Ran, I have something I want to give you." I said.

"Oh? What is it?"

I pulled out the box and gave it to Ran. She opened it and saw the necklace.

"Wow, this necklace is amazing." She said and smiled at me.

"Thanks. I'm glad that you liked it." I smiled back.

"But what's the occasion?" She asked.

"Today is the anniversary of the day we met."

"Wow, it's that time of the year already? We've been so busy with college that I have completely forgotten." Ran said as she stared at the necklace.

Then Ran had a guilty look on her face.

"Ran, are you okay?" I asked.

"I feel bad. You got me this wonderful necklace, and... I didn't get you anything." She said sadly.

I placed my hand on top of hers before saying...

"But Ran, you did gave me a great gift."

Ran raised her eyebrow in confusion.

"What are you talking about?" She asked.

"Being able to enjoy a nice relaxing dinner with you, and with zero interference from anyone... that's the best gift I can get from you." I said.

Ran smiled and managed to get a grip on my hand.

"If you say so, then happy anniversary (Y/N)."

"Happy anniversary to you too, Ran."

"Now, how about we order something special off of the menu?" Ran suggested.

I chuckled before replying...

"Sounds like a plan to me."

To be continued

A/N: That is it for chapter 18 and I hoped you guys liked it. One chapter down, and three more to go, and you can expect the last few chapters to be short, too.

See you in the next chapter, and have a good one. :)