Chapter 3 - Vocalist To The Rescue

A week later...

Location - Riverside

Your POV

It has been a whole week since my parents decided to give up on me. Every time I tried my best not to think about it, I end up thinking about it, and start to have an emotional breakdown. Whenever I am around the members of Afterglow, I tried my best not to share this with them, even Moca, and especially Ran.

Right now, I am at the riverside area, feeling sad, hungry and thirsty at the same time.

"Mom... dad... how could you?" I asked myself through tears.

"I did my best to please you guys, but I guess it wasn't enough." I added.

The question is, what should I do now? I guess my next step is to find a place of my own before winter comes, but can I even find the strength to make that happen? After all, it has been a week since I have eaten something. And before I knew it, it was starting to get cold now.

"This doesn't look good..." I said to myself and began to stand up.

I figured I should head over to the convenience store so I can warm up and see Moca, but... after taking a few steps, I began to collapse.

"Too... hungry." I groaned.

I had to keep going, but I can't. And at that moment, I passed out, and everything went dark.
______________________________________

Meanwhile...

Ran's POV

Another Afterglow band rehearsals was done and dusted. I was walking home with Tomoe, and today's activity was all we were talking about.

"Did you see how awesome we played today?" Tomoe asked.

"Yeah, I guess it wasn't so bad." I replied. 

"Really? Judging by the tone in your voice, you don't sound satisfied." Tomoe pointed out.

"Oh, my bad then." I apologized.

Truth be told, I was worried about (Y/N). It's been a week since I have seen him, and I am starting to worried.

"Ran, is everything okay?" Tomoe asked.

"I guess I am." I replied before sighing.

"Let me guess, are you thinking (Y/N) again?" Tomoe asked.

I began to blush a little.

"Huh? Don't be ridiculous!" I snapped.

"Come on, I'm only asking." She said.

I let out a deep sigh.

"Okay, maybe I was..." I confessed. "I haven't seen him in a week, and when I went by his house, no one answered."

"Is that so? Maybe something serious happened." Tomoe suggested.

"I guess so..."

We walked over to the riverside and something caught my eye. There was a body right by the river. At first, I thought it was a dead body, but after getting a better look at it, my heart began to sank.

"Ran? What's the matter?" Tomoe asked.

"Tomoe, look..." I said and pointed to the body.

She looked and gasped.

"Isn't that (Y/N)?!"

I ran down to check on him.

"(Y/N), are you okay? Say something!" I called out as tears were coming out of my eyes.

He didn't respond, but then I heard...

"Food... must eat..."

"Food?" Tomoe questioned.

"It's clear that he is hungry, and I think this will do the trick." I said and pulled something out of my bag.

"Is that... your lunch that you never finished?" Tomoe asked.

"Well, I was going to finish it at home, but after seeing (Y/N), he could use it more than me." I said.

I took my half eaten lunch and fed it to (Y/N) like I was his mother, and Tomoe was watching while I was doing it. Was it embarrassing? Yes. But did I care right now? Not at all. I just want (Y/N) to be better and nothing more.
______________________________________

Your POV

It felt like I was out cold for an hour, but when I woke up, the first thing I saw was Ran and Tomoe.

"Oh (Y/N), thanks goodness you're awake." Ran said as I realized I was in her arms.

"Ran? Tomoe? What are you two doing here?" I asked as I sat up.

"That's what we want to know." Ran demanded as she glared at me.

"Ran, are you okay?" I asked.

"No! No, I am not okay!" She yelled.

Then Ran began to breakdown in tears, and I don't even know the cause of it. Could it be my fault? It has to be since I avoided her for a week.

"Do you know how hard it was for me not being able to see you?! I thought I was never going to see you again!" She shouted.

"I guess... it is my fault."

Tomoe spoke up.

"(Y/N), did something happened to you that we should know about?" Tomoe asked, wanting to know.

I just stared at her, then looked towards Ran who was still crying. I guess there was no point in hiding this anymore.

"You're right..." I said softly.

"Huh?"

"There is something you two should know about, and I am sorry for avoiding you guys and not say anything about it." I said.

"I mean, you don't have to tell us if you want to." Ran said.

"No, this is something I definitely have to get off of my chest, and I wouldn't live with myself I didn't say anything." I said.

And after taking a deep breath, I began to tell them everything. I told them how my parents have been abusing me for years. I told them how they recently left me so they can have a baby girl. And I even told them how Moca was the only one who knew about this.

"Oh my... that's terrible." Tomoe said.

"Now I can see why you and Moca didn't say anything." Ran added.

"Yeah... Thanks for listening, I should get going." I said as I stood up.

"But where will you go?" Ran asked.

"I don't know, but somewhere, I guess." I said and walked away from the two girls.

To be continued

A/N: Thank you guys for reading chapter 3, and I hope you guys liked it. This is one of the two chapters you'll see for today, and the other one will be updated later. See you in the next chapter, and have a good one.