|6|

Seeing the shadows, I scream, but one of them steps forward and slaps their hand over my mouth.

"Shhh. It's Madi," the person says, removing her hand.

I hear Mikey sigh from behind me as Grace and Madi grab each of our shoulders and pulls us out of the closet (not in that way :P)

"Do your know what's going on?" Mikey asks as he dusts off his jacket.

Madi nods. "Once a year, ghosts from the past come out to play, and this hotel is their playground. We had the misfortune of being stuck here two years ago during the haunting." She gestures to Grace and Olivia. "Quite simple actually."

"If you don't mind me asking, are you guys okay? Why do you have so many bruises?" Michael asks.

"The haunting leaves you with scars," Olivia says, speaking for the first time.

"How do we get out?" I ask.

"You just have to survive until morning."

~~~

Ashton's P.O.V

I tear my gaze away from my reflection when I hear air whooshing violently behind me. I spin around, my newly found speed letting me see the ghost of a being pass behind me.

"I saw you," I hear myself say, but my voice has completely changed. Its deep and rasps when I speak. I hear a deep, throaty chuckle from behind me but I don't turn around this time. "I have no time for your stupid games."

Finally, the creature comes to a stop in front of me.

"Assshton isssnt it?" it asks.

I nod, not paying attention. Instead, I look around at the large ensemble of creatures in front of me. They all vary in height, and when I looked closely, I noticed that each of them had a different engraving on the bone across their forehead.

"What would you like me to do?" I ask, turning back the first creature.

"You came here with other humansss?" It asks.

"Yeah."

"Bring them to me."

I don't think to ask why, because the order immediately locks into my brain. "Consider it done," I tell it.

Its eyes seem to sparkle, the light glittering. It bows it head slightly in my direction before turning and disappearing into the crowd. Taking that as a signal to exit, I make my way to the door and immediately bump into someone.

It's Luke.

"Aye, mate," I say, grinning at him. He smiles back at me, showing off his now brown and rotted teeth.

"Who do you want to get first?" he asks, as if he has the same orders as me.

I contemplate it only for a moment before saying,"Mikey seems like a good choice."

~~~~~~

an: i hope you all enjoyed this chapter! i'm actually almost done with this book!

please vote, comment, share, and follow. the support is tremendously appreciated.

~ lazaruseffect