|5|

Calum's P.O.V

"Move!" I yell, yanking Mikey's arm to ensure that he's following me. I don't look back to make sure Ashton is following, or to see how close Luke is.

As I run, I compare Luke to the things I've seen in horror movies. When I was younger, Mali loved horror movies. I used to take her DVD's and watch them without her knowing. Through the years, I've seen every type of horror movie, from the shitty kind a two year old could watch to the ones that'd make a grown man wet his pants. Even with the amount of horror movies I've seen, Luke couldn't be compared to any of them.

He was the worst of the worst.

Luke's eyes had turned black and started to bleed, the glossy color sliding down his cheek like dripping mascara. The skin around his eyes was swollen and a light pink. His face had considerably paled and his veins were slightly visible under his skin. Shadows had appeared under his eyes and cheekbones, as if he'd spontaneously lost weight and his breathing had become ragged.

As quick as I can, I pull Mikey into the closest room to us, which happens to be the closet. A mop leans against the wall and it smells like moth balls. Unable to find a light switch, I wave my hand wildly until I grab Mikey's arm.

"Dude, what the fuck happened back there?" he asks, moving so he's leaning on the door right next to me.

I shrug, bumping into his shoulder. "This sucks," I say, tilting my head backwards.

Michael exhales loudly next to me. After a couple moments of silence, I crawl over Mikey to peer out of the door. Just before I can pull the door open, I hear a light tapping that seems to come from in the walls.

Mikey grabs my arm and pulls me away from the door. "Do you hear that?" he asks. His voice trembles and I freeze in his grasp.

I don't dare to speak, so I nod my head and hope that there's enough light for him to see it.

All of a sudden, the tapping stops. After a few moments of silence, I move again. This time, a slow screech fills the air, the sound like fingernails on a chalkboard. It rasps in my ear and causes Mikey and I to slap our hands over our ears.

"Stop," Mikey moans, curling up on the floor. "Please, make it stop."

As suddenly as it started, it stopped. "Let's get out of here," Mikey says, picking himself off the floor. "I think my ears are bleeding."

I let out a nervous laugh, rubbing my sweaty palms together. "Do you know what that was?" I ask when we're both standing.

Mikey turns to look at me and shrugs. "I just want to get out of here," he whispers.

I nod in agreement, wrapping my arm around him so I can reach the handle. "Follow me," I tell him, moving him out of the way so I'm directly in front of the door. I turn the handle and push the door open slightly, peering out when there is enough space to see through.

I turn to beckon Mikey, one hand still on the handle, when the door flies all the way open. All I can see through the bright light are three long shadows.

~~~
This one's for v-ogue and GLakegirl for pushing me to update. This probably wouldn't be up for weeks if it wasn't for you guys :)