|4|

When I see the creature flying at me, I instinctively flinch and duck my head. Using my arms to shield my head, I stand, shaking.

All too soon, the creature is upon me. Instead of hitting me, it goes straight through me. A freezing cold chill follows it, webbing out from where it went through. My chest freezes first, the cold seeping through my ribs and into my heart. From there, the cold spreads, fitting its icy tendrils into every cranny in my body.

I try to scream, but my lips have frozen. I can't even close my eyes as two more creatures come towards me. They circle, careful not to touch my outstretched elbows. Almost as if they can feel the frost spreading, as soon as the last of my body is frozen, they dive at me. They clash at my middle, causing the chill to become so unbearable, it shatters. The chill bleeds out of my veins and into the air. The wall behind me is slick with water, and when I look hard enough, I can see my reflection.

My skin is no longer tan and smooth. It's turned a pale blue, and looks as if it would collapse on touch. I can see my veins through the thin layers of my skin, and when my eyes reach my face, I notice that my eyes are a deep red. When I reach up to touch a bruise on my cheek, I notice now my nails are yellow and long. The cuticles around them are deep blue and swollen.

Surprisingly, I feel myself grin at my reflection. I try to dim the emotion, but I find that I have no control over my emotions. 

Even more surprising; I know exactly what I am and what I'm supposed to do.

I am a monstrum mortuis.

And I am to kill everyone in this hotel.

~~~

a/n: so yeah . . . Ashton's a monster any ideas?? 

please please please vote and leave me some feedback. i read all of your comments and i appreciate every single one of them!

and thanks to GLakegirl for the trailer on the side. check it out!!!

~mt_st_hemmings xx