8 - Yandere Game Master X Contestant Reader

Requested by @smellysocks Two done, one to go!

⚠Yandere Stuff⚠

Third P.O.V

(Y/N) tried their best to be a normal person. Unfortunately, their stalkers thought otherwise.

"Why have you been following me?"

(Y/N) confronted the problem head-on.

The 'stalkers' included a cameraman and a man with a microphone.

"We are here to ask you how you feel about being selected to participate in 'The Challenge'?"

(Y/N) stiffened at the man's words. On the outside, 'The Challenge' was a game show were gifted people can win big money, but (Y/N) knew the truth.

So there was no way (Y/N) would sign up for that show.

"I think you have the wrong person."

(Y/N) decided to make a clean break for it and ran away.

The man stared at (Y/N)'s running figure with a mischievous glint in his eyes.

(Y/N) ran all the way to their apartment and startled their roommate.

"Why are you in such a rush?"

(Y/N)'s roommate had been peacefully sleeping on the couch when (Y/N) burst in.

"Some freaks from a game show were stalking me!"

(Y/N) said with a shudder. The roommate's eyes lit up.

"You were selected?!"

"You signed me up!?!"

The roommate nodded proudly.

"I recorded you singing in the shower and submitted it!"

(A/N: If you don't have a good singing voice(like me), then, CONGRATULATIONS! In here you have the voice of an angel. P.S 'CONGRATULATIONS' made me think of 'every sacrifice you make is for my sister, give her the best life!'. Someone out there knows what I'm talking about.)

(Y/N) went from stunned to furious.

"WHY DID YOU SIGN ME UP?! DO YOU KNOW WHAT THEY DO TO CONTESTANTS!?"

(Y/N) felt the need to hurl.

The show brings talented people from all over and manipulates them for someone's entertainment. A contestant must complete a series of challenges as quickly as possible to not be eliminated, but no one knew how awful it was to actually be eliminated.

Let's just say, after some research, (Y/N) found that contestants who were 'sent home' never actually got home. In fact, they were actually never seen again.

(Y/N) knew this, but couldn't prove it.

The roommate eventually calmed (Y/N) down and they both went to bed.

However, (Y/N) woke up in a completely different room tied to a chair.

"I see you're awake."

(Y/N) looks up and sees a man wearing a mask.

"Get to the point."

(Y/N) growls.

"Fine, fine, fine. I thought it would be interesting to bring the world's second smartest person to my humble show."

The man says with a chuckle.

"Says the world's smartest person."

(Y/N) hissed.

"Oh, ho! You remember! Then again, I'd be surprised if you didn't."

The man seemed quite amused.

"I don't want to be apart of your twisted show!"

(Y/N) says fiercely.

"Says the person who came up with it."

(Y/N) hung their head in shame as they remember a time when they thought the game show was a good idea.

"I'm not you. I'm not crazy."

(Y/N) said.

"Once a psychopath, always a psychopath."

The man said with a shrug.

"Don't you remember how happy you were to meet me? Or how excited you were to FINALLY have some entertainment in this dull world?"

The man spoke softly, but (Y/N) didn't look up.

"Why don't you get that we are meant for each other?! We are the puppetmasters and everyone else is the puppets!!! You don't need anything else! You just need me!!!"

The man seemed quite aggravated.

"Let me go."

(Y/N) said simply.

"No. You. Are. Mine. No one else can even lay eyes on you!"

The man grabbed (Y/N)'s chin.

"You're going to play my game wether you like it or not!"

The man started laughing like a maniac, but (Y/N) knew not to show fear in front of him.

"We shall see."

(Y/N) mutters.

And so the battle between the smartest and the second smartest began.

"Logic will not work within my game. You are my toy, and I don't share."

Author's Note: I feel like I had a crazy plot twist.