words with friends

♠ ♥ ♦ ♠

♠ ♥ ♦ ♠

November, 2018
Post Reputation Stadium Tour

"I can't believe you're wearing your own merch around the house again. I mean, that's taking personalized clothing to the next level. The narcissistic level." Austin teased Taylor.

"I get it for free, so really I'm just being a cheapskate." Taylor joked.

"So how's the post-tour depression hitting you?"

"I mean, I think it could be worse. I know it had to end at some point. It feels serene, and like, peaceful. It's not as bad as I thought it would be." Taylor replied thoughtfully. "But we all know what's really making me feel like shit these days."

"What really happened anyways? You guys were going two years strong, and he never really told me what happened."

"He?" Taylor frowned confusedly. "Since when were you talking to Joe?"

"I misspoke. I meant you."

Taylor sighed. "It was the distance. Me with the tour and him with his filming, I guess we just couldn't fit time in our schedules for each other anymore."

"But wouldn't that be inevitable in a way? You had to know somehow that would be a recurring issue."

Taylor made a disgruntled sort of noise and sipped her wine again. "We both knew," she said softly. "And I thought I had planned it out so well, and that we had enough time for each other. I guess not."

"Tour never comes without obstacles," Austin replied. "There was no way it could be picture perfect."

"I guess not," Taylor agreed. "I think... I don't think I've had to balance touring with a relationship before. Like obviously I wasn't single for all the tours, but it was never this... serious."

"Joe was a nice guy... I liked Joe."

"Gee, thanks for approving of my relationship after the breakup. Means a lot." Taylor said sarcastically, getting up from the kitchen bar counter to check on the pasta bake.

"No, I'm just saying, he didn't fuck it up. Neither did you. And I did approve of you two, right from the start."

"Mmm, okay. Pasta is ready," she changed the topic, using oven mitts to remove the dish from the oven.

"Dibbles, hey," Austin chuckled, spying the cat prance by from the corner of his eye.

:::

"Oh this is good, Teffy," Austin commented on the pasta.

"I hate how I do whatever the fuck TikTok tells me to now," Taylor rolled her eyes. "But I saw the baked feta pasta trend going around, and I could help myself."