tis the damned season

♠ ♥ ♦ ♠

♠ ♥ ♦ ♠

"you could call me
babe for the weekend"

"tis the damn season
write this down"

Shit, shit, shit. Fucking hell. Joe looked down at the slip of paper in his hands, then glanced around the room. Fuck.

He was at Gigi's friendsgiving gathering, and he had just drawn a paper for secret santa. The name he got was Taylor. Which was one Taylor anyways?

He got invited because he became friends with Gigi back in August, when they did that one Copenhagen photoshoot together for Vogue. Yet he only knew her, and maybe Emma Stone here, but who the hell was Taylor?

It didn't make it any better than the name was gender neutral, so he didn't have any hints to go by. It would be stupid of him to show up with makeup and end up getting a man. Yet he was too shy to ask, because, you know, that's fucking embarrassing.

So he stuffed it in his pocket and frankly forgot about it, until he wore the pants again and had to stuff his hands into his pockets. By then, it was already December twentieth. That left him with two days to find a gift for "Taylor".

:::

"Oh. Wow. Wow. Holy shit." Taylor burst into a drunken fit of giggles when she opened the bigger box. "Oh my God. Okay."

"What is it?" Gigi asked, taking another sip of their drink.

They were currently opening up their presents for secret santa, and it was Taylor's turn.

"Some rather, um, mature toys." Taylor's face flushed red, her cheeks now a tinted color of embarrassment. "I'm not- fucking using this," she stuttered awkwardly.

There was a collective melodramatic gasp, and everyone clambered around her to peer into the box.

"Oh my God. Is this a joke?" Taylor exclaimed, pouting like a little kid. "This better be a gag gift."

"God, which one of you guys did this?" Cara said.

"Okay wait, there's another one." Taylor cleared her throat and picked up a small box. It was teal with a silver ribbon around it, flat and square.

She pulled apart the ribbon and opened the box, finding a typed note and a grey velvet sachet with Tiffany's written on the top.

Dear Taylor
I don't know you well but I think you'd like this. The pendant is customizable and you can send it to Tiffany's and engrave an initial on it-- whoever is close to your heart, I guess.
P.S. So sorry about the gag gift
Merry Christmas.

"That's kind of cute," Gigi said, narrowing her eyes and scanning the room. "Raise your hand if you're the one who has a big fat crush on Taylor."