because he really knows her

"i want to wear his initial on a chain round my neck"

on a chain round my neck"

"not because he owns me,
but because he really knows me"

♠ ♥ ♦ ♠

March, 2017

"Oh love, you're pissed," Joe laughed at Taylor, who was stumbling through the door and scrambling after the cats.

"No I'm not," she giggled in reply, scooping up Meredith. Surprisingly, the cat did nothing but sit in her arms quietly, clearly sleepy. "Babe!" Taylor almost shouted, unaware of her volume. "Dibbles isn't clawing my eyes out!"

"You're so drunk, put down the damn cat," Joe said, walking into the kitchen. Taylor shuffled behind him, occasionally bumping into the furniture then apologizing to it.

He took a glass from the cupboard and took it to the tap to fill it up with water, then walked over to Taylor. He raised the glass to her lips and tilted it into her mouth gently. "Drink, love," he commanded softly.

"Joey," Taylor laughed again, almost spilling the entire glass of water down her dress.

"Okay, c'mere, let's get you upstairs," he said, guiding her arm, clearly amused by her antics.

"Get changed first," Joe said, leaving the room to feed the cats.

When the cats were satisfied and dozing off, he walked back to their bedroom to find Taylor sitting on the bed, still fully dressed in her night-out attire. He raised his eyebrows at her, and she immediately pouted.

"I couldn't get the zip," she complained, ruffling Joe's hair.

"Okay, let me get that for you," Joe mumbled, getting up from the bed to undo her zip. Taylor then drunkenly slid the dress of her body, shimmying out of it with a weird dance. She stepped out of the dress and then tossed it into the laundry basket in the bathroom for washing the next day.

When they were finally ready for bed, they climbed in together and snuggled up to each other, savouring each other's warmth. Exchanging goodnights, they both fell into a deep sleep, preparing for the hangovers that were going to hit them the next morning.

"Babe," Joe called, knocking on the door of their shared walk-in wardrobe. "You okay in there? We have to leave in five," he called again, earning no reply from Taylor.

He heard some shuffling around, then Taylor's voice rang through the door.

"Yeah, I'm almost ready babe," she called back. "Dibbles," he heard her sigh, "Stop it."

He leaned against the doorway, looking at his watch that Taylor had given him for his birthday. It wasn't ostentatious, but it suited him perfectly. It was his first birthday spent with her, and she had certainly made him feel very blessed that day.