Chapter 41: Progressing Through Life

A big sigh came out of Hope's body. That is when I knew it wasn't going well and She was putting a brave face for Maya and I.

————————————————————

POV Carina:

Hope just kind sat there in silence but then spoke up. "I don't know how to describe it. It is kinda too much at times but then it is good at times, I know it is ok to feel this way but also something is telling me it isn't. I don't know anymore." Hope then lifted the coffee mug to her mouth, trying to hide.

"Bambina, you know you can always come to me or your mom." I state while putting my hand on her arm that had laid down on the Island table. "It is hard..." Hope looking around the kitchen avoids finishing her sentence.

She was getting uncomfortable and anxious.

"I um can tell you some more if you help me with Zeek's room." She said, breaking the awkward silence.

The both of us changed into clothes that won't be ruined if paint gets on them. Hope grabbed my laptop and played Some background music, she directed me what to do and We started. We were just Painting, no talking happened between us. It was just the music filling the silence of the room.

I finished the portion of the one wall so I moved over to the same wall as Hope to help her finish.

"What did you mean by your statement earlier? I asked knowing it wasn't going to be brought up again. She stopped painting after I said that and was about to respond but Ezekiel busted through the door of the room.

"Oooo leaves." He exclaims. "Hey Zeek, don't touch the paint, it still needs to dry." I tell the tour year old before he touches anything. I look back at Hope to find her back into the quiet state she was in before. "So are you ready for school to start? I ask. She instantly stops painting, quickly places the paint brush down and goes over to the laptop.

"I um I forgot about this one class for a credit I need if I want to graduate this semester." She frantically typing away on the computer. "Bambina, what is it?" I asked confused and then walked over to her.

"It is a speech class, It is a credit I need." She Starts to get frustrated.

"I thought we got all the classes you needed before we left for Italy?" I questioned. "Yeah but I was so anxious that day I forgot about it." She explained with frustration with herself. A few minutes later she got signed up for the class then We both heard movement in the kitchen so we went to see who it was.

As we came into the kitchen Maya was making some pancakes and Ezekiel was watching her.

POV Hope:

After me panicking to sign up for that plass and then going into the kitchen to see, mom making her famous pancakes.

"Oooo Pancakes. Can you make some with banana mix into the batter?" I ask knowing that was my favorite. "If you come help me?" Mom asked sneakily, wanting to spend time with me. "You're the worst." I tease while rolling my eyes and chuckling. Just like I practiced the during the middle of the summer before our Italy trip.

I locked the wheelchair wheels and pulled myself into a standing position to mash the banana.

*flashback to two months ago*

"Bambina, we have to leave soon!" Mama yelled down the hall.

"Ok coming!" I replied back while stuffing things into my backpack. Those items being; Ipad, new Star wars book that is 500+ hundred pages long and art supplies. About a week and a half ago, I had expressed to mama and mom that I wanted to do PT. So I could "Stand up" to which they happily put that in motion for me. Fast forward to today, which is my first day at Grey-Sloan. As We were in the car, I was looking out the window of the car, watching the world go by.