Chapter 4: Home? Pt 2

"Uh........"

POV Maya:

"Uh....uh Maya, do think, if it is possible, we could go to the bookstore on our way back home. Only if you want to. Actually, nevermind, I'm stupid for asking." Hope said with embarrassment.

"No no no, that is totally ok for us to do. We can do anything but obviously within reason." I say while walking up to her and bending down to her height. "Ok thanks." She says before giving me a hug.

"Bambina, we want you here. Always. We don't want you anywhere else." Carina says while coming towards us.

"Thanks and I think I will actually go to bed now" Hope chuckles.

I can't believe how much my life has changed within the last 24 hours. I would have never believed if someone told me I was going to have a kid. Wow a kid. My kid.

*The following morning*

POV Carina:

I woke up and got ready for work and now in the kitchen, drinking my espresso, when Hope came in. "So Carina, I know you said you are an OBGYN and I'm assuming those pajama type clothes represent that?" Hope asked.

"Yes. My scrubs, that is what they are called, tell people that I'm different from all the other doctors at the hospital."

"That is cool!"

"So my job is to deliver bambina's and bambino's. Also do studies on org-.......other stuff." I say cutting myself off before I went any further.

I look up and see Maya walking in the kitchen, chuckling at the comment and watching me freeze up, knowing I'm usually pretty good at these kinds of things.

"Uh....orgasms...." I trailed off and said quietly

"*gag noise* yeah no no no, I didn't need to know that part. Forget that I even asked" Hope said while covering her mouth.

"Anyway, Maya you are a firefighter, right?

"Yeah, I'm the Captain at Station 19, so that means I boss my friends around. Speaking of my work, I forgot to tell you that I need to grab some paperwork that I left there the other day. Is that ok, Hope?" Maya asked her.

"Yeah but how long are we going to be there?" She asked.

"Not long, just a few seconds. You don't even have to get out of the car. Unless you want too" Maya said which reassured Hope.

I realized that we only had 5 more minutes until we needed to leave. "As much as I love our family bonding time, we need to get going if I'm going to get to work on time." I announced.

"Ok, let me grab my backpack, take my meds and then we can go." Hope said.

POV Hope:

I wheeled myself into my room, grabbed my backpack, I put my phone (the one that Maya and Carina gave me last night), my sketchbook, art pencils, and my bronchodilator just in case I needed it, which is rare.

"Hope, let's go, we don't want Carina to be late!" Maya shouted down the hall. "Ok coming. Could you grab and fill a water bottle so I can take these meds in the car!" I shout while putting the bottles of my meds into my backpack.

I quickly wheeled out of my room, out the door and over to the truck. We are taking the truck today because we are picking up the things for my room today. I wheel to the back seat door of the truck and I realize I needed help again.

"Maya, do you think you could help me again?" "Oh my gosh, I forgot that the truck is too high for you to transfer into, next time we will take Carina's car" Maya said.

"No problem" I replied back. We drove off towards the hospital. "Hope, did you take your meds yet?" Maya asked while driving. "Shoot! I forgot! Do you have my water bottle?" "Yes here you go" Maya says while handing it to me. "Thanks!"

We arrived at the hospital, "Ok bellas, this is where I leave you. Have fun bambina's!" Carina said. After Carina closed the door to the truck, asked me if I wanted to move into the front seat of the truck. I gladly took her up on her offer.

After she put me in the front seat, Maya told me the game plan.

"Ok Hope, here is the plan, first we are going to swing by the paint store and grab the paint and supplies to paint your room, then pick up a Target curbside pick up, the bookstore and finally the fire station to pick up the paperwork. Also if you feel up to it, maybe meet some of the team" Maya telling me the game plan of the day.

"Ok cool. My favorite part of the day right now is the bookstore" I joke.

After we picked up the Target order and the paint store, we headed to the bookstore.

To be honest, this was THE highlight of my day. The smell of new books is one of the best smells to me, which most people think it is weird but I don't care. We got out of the truck and went into the store, there were rows upon rows of books.

"Ok what section do you want to go to first?" Maya asked me.

I thought hard but then I figured out where I wanted to go. "I think the murder mystery section, I hope they have some Agatha Christie books." "They should have Agatha Christie. What bookstore won't have her" Maya responded.

"Ha. I was right they have Agatha Christie" Maya said with pride.

"Ok ok Captain Bishop. You were right" I replied with disappointment.

I got two Agatha Christie books and then we went to the science fiction section and I got a Star Wars book written by Claudia Grey, one of the best Star Wars book writers.

I could spend hours in the bookstore but I won't bore Maya to death. So after an hour of looking at books, we checked out and headed off to the station.

POV Maya:

"Maybe I will just ask Andy and Vic to come out to the truck? Or maybe take Hope into the station and straight to my office?" I thought to myself. "Hey Hope, question for you." "Yeah, what is it" she says while looking up from reading her new book.

"We are just 5 minutes from the station and I was wondering if you would want to, you could come into the station and just meet one or two people. Their names are Andy and Vic, they are my best friends. Do you think you are up for that?" I ask her.

"Yeah but is there like a room or something away from most people?" Hope asked me. "Yeah, I have an office and a bunk , which is separate from everyone else's" I said which seemed to put some of Hope to ease.

POV Hope:

We arrived at the station, I felt my anxiety rise.

————————————————————
Author's note: Here is the next chapter!

I do want to say that @lokeyliyahh and I (@TheFlash7656) are going to be busy this week. We have some chapters already written out and are ready to be published but we will try to keep our schedule for this week of uploading.

As always comment your favorite part, opinions and predictions for the story.