Chapter 12: Exciting Times

"Oh my god...... it slipped out........"

————————————————————

POV Carina:

I was talking to Ben when I heard Hope screaming for me but not just my name. She called me mama. I quickly ran towards the bathroom and opened the door to find Hope with her shirt off and a scared look on her face.

Then, I found what she was so scared of, a rash all down her right rib cage. She locked eyes with me, "Carina, I-I don't-t know what h-happened.....it-it slipped out......." She stutters with nervousness.

"It is ok bambina, I don't mind you calling me mama but I do mind that rash on your side there." "Oh yeah ummm I don't know where it came from. It doesn't itch, but it stings when touched" she states.

"Ok bambina, why don't you finish changing and then meet me in Maya's office. I bet the ambo has something to help with this rash, if not we will go to the hospital." "Ok"

I went to Ben to see if he had some rash cream to help Hope, which he did. I also grabbed some gauze and medical tape so the cream can stay on the rash and not on the inside of her shirt. Then, I made my way into Maya's office.

POV Maya:

I was doing reports that the B-team left me when I saw my gorgeous wife come in. But noticed she had a tube of cream, gauze and medical tape. "Hi, what is all that for?" I ask her as she is putting it on the desk. "It is for Hope. Now before you freak out, she has a rash and we don't know where it came from." Carina told me.

"Aww, that sucks."

The office door opens and Hope comes in. She looks like she is in discomfort. "Hey, Carina told me what happened, are you ok?" I ask her. "*grunts* yeah, I feel peachy" she said with pain in her voice.

POV Hope:

"Ok bella, let's get this cream and stuff on you. It will help with the redness of the rash" Carina says while opening the tube. *grunts* "Damn it! That is cold and burns!" I said while flinching. "Sorry bambina. I'm almost done."

When she finished, I had to ask her about me calling her Mama. It wasn't on purpose, it slipped out and I don't know if it is ok with her.

I went with Carina to get lunch and bring it back to the station. That way we can eat lunch with Maya while on shift.

"Anything exciting happen at the hospital?" I ask. "Nope, it was a calm day" she said. "Maybe I will spend a day with you at the hospital," I said. "Yeah, that would be fun," she responded back. We picked up the pizza and headed back to the station.

"Hey Carina, I didn't mean to call you mama earlier. It slipped out" I say with embarrassment.

"To be honest bambina, I kinda liked it and you can call me mama. Only if you are ok with it." She said which gave me relief. "Ok mama." We had also picked up pizza for everyone else.

"Guys we are back" I say as I'm getting out of the elevator at the station. "Oh my god, finally, little Deluca-Bishop!" Vic shouts. "Love you too, Hughes. Did you finish cleaning?" I asked the team.

"Yeah, just finished 5 minutes before you came back," Travis said. "Ok well Maya isn't here. So I'm going to get her" I said, letting everyone know.

"Hey Maya, ummm two things: one, lunch is here and second, is that I was wondering...I mean Carina is ok with it....I don't know now..." I stutter. "It is ok, take your time" Maya says to me.

"So earlier when I found my rash, I called out to Carina and in that process, I called her mama. Now here is the anxiety-inducing part for me, can I call you momma?" I hesitantly asked Maya.

"To be honest, I have been waiting for you to call me that and I would love it if you called me momma" Maya said.

We went upstairs and ate lunch. The rest of the day went smoothly. I can't wait until Friday, I can finally try my new racing chair.

*Time jump to Friday*

POV Hope:

"Last class of the day, art. Then, mama will pick me up" I thought to myself.

The time passed slowly and I felt like I was in slow-motion. Then the bell rang, I was free. I went out the door and texted mama to ask if she was here? If so, where is she? I looked up and saw the car parked, a huge smile came over my face.

"Hi bambina, are you ready to try your racing chair out?" She asked me. "Heck yeah!"

We drove to the hospital, and went up to the PT room. They had the racing chair up on the treadmill thing. The PT trainer lifted me up and put me in the chair. I have done some research and saw some videos.

Ahhh the perks of being an anxious person, you over research because you want to be prepared like heck.

The PT doctor gave me the racing gloves and I started going on the treadmill. It was hard at first but I found a rhythm and it was smooth sailing from there.

It took about 2 hours. I learned how to steer and to break. Mama took a lot of photos, it was ok for a while but then it was too much. Then, we went home.

I was so excited on the way home and tell momma. When we pulled up in the driveway of the house, I saw momma's truck. That was a sign that she was home. I quickly called momma on my phone and said

"Hey we are home and I was wondering if we can go to the track?" "Yeah, sure bubs. Come inside, change into more athletic clothes and grab other stuff" momma said over the phone.

It took about 30 minutes to do everything. We changed cars. The racing chair fit better in the bed of the truck. We loaded up in the truck and headed off to the track.

POV Maya:

Hope was over the moon about this, she was definitely on cloud 9. As soon as we got to the track, she got even more excited which I don't even know how that was possible. "Hold your horses, the track isn't going anywhere" I said.

"Sorry, the adrenaline in me is off the charts" she says.

We found a shaded part of the track and set up to practice with the racing chair. We were alone for a few seconds until I saw him.

My dad, Lane Bishop.........

————————————————————

Author's note: Ahhhh Lane Bishop. Who was expecting him.

Who is ready for Toby? What breed of dogs do you think he is?

Book recommendation: The New Recruit by justanotherwriter234 is a good one and there is a sequel to it as well.

To answer the question from chapter 10. I'm one of ten children. I'm one of the middle children. The age range is 35-11. There are big age gaps. But I'm not including my sister-in-laws and nieces and nephews. Yes I have a huge family.

Any questions about living in a big family?

Sneak peek: "Maya, kiddo! What are you doing here? Who is the kid" he shouts across the track.