14

“Dokja-ssi, what now?”

“Of course, we have to go and get food.”

The expressions of the party members became tense at these words. Except (Y/n). . . who was staring blankly at the air.

Obtain food. This meant only one thing.

“Then we have to be scouts? There is still food remaining aboveground.”

“Nope, we won’t go aboveground. If we go there, we will unconditionally die.”

“But we need to obtain food aboveground…”

“Lee Hyunsung-ssi. The world has changed. Then the food needs to change.”

“Wait a minute. Dokja-ssi…don’t tell me?”

“That’s right.”

“We will hunt monsters.”

"Yayy!" (Y/n) shouted from beside Lee Hyunsung.

-•-

[A new sub scenario has arrived!]

+

[Second Scenario – Food Acquisition]

Category: Sub

Difficulty: E

Clear Conditions: Directly hunt the monsters that can be used as food and cook them.

Time Limit: None Compensation: 500 coins

Failure: ???

+

(Y/n) has no idea what she's doing in a dark tunnel. Kim Dokja and Jung Heewon were debating earlier about her accompanying them, the girl was worried since she's drunk.

But they can't leave her there either, so Kim Dokja insisted that she comes. Besides, (Y/n) already fought monsters while drunk.

"My head hurts, does healing potion help on extracting alcohol in the body?" (Y/n) asked the person who was closest to her, Kim Dokja.

"Probably, but don't use it now. Save it for when you're injured badly."

"I can literally feel my head breaking in half, and my body temperature is hotter than boiling water. It feels like a sauna in here," (Y/n) complained.

"This is why you should check the product before drinking. We're currently in a dangerous zone, so please just hold on for a few minutes."

“Are we really going this way? No matter how I look, it seems like suicide. There is also Gilyoung.”

“In fact, I was concerned from the beginning. It isn’t too late so how about we leave Gilyoung behind? And if possible, the women…”

"Bitch, I'm stronger than you." (Y/n) retorted, offended at Lee Hyunsung's statement.

“Lee Hyunsung-ssi, I’m not as good as you but I know how to fight. I took some kendo lessons.”

“Lee Hyunsung-ssi. I told you before. The world has changed. It is biased that a woman is physically weak. Right now, everyone can become stronger by raising their stats. But Jung Heewon-ssi, there is also a problem with your words.”

“…What is it?”

“Just as a woman isn’t weak, a child also isn’t weak. Gilyoung, show them.”

"Wow. You should be a motivational speaker," (Y/n) said.

Lee Gilyoung came forward. He looked around for a while before sitting on the tunnel floor and reaching out his hand. Jung Heewon’s eyes widened.

“Oh my god, what is that?”

"Dinosaurs. It's cockroaches, fool."

[ The constellation 'Tirek' likes your drunk self better than your normal self ]

[ The constellation 'Spirit of Chaos' agrees ]

“S-Shit! Cockroaches!” Han Myungoh cried out.

"Wow. For an old man, you sound like a shy high school girl who saw her crush and asking her friend to hide her. What more if those things touches you? You'll faint?"

The cockroach that appeared in the distance was connected to Lee Gilyoung’s fingertips with a faint solid line. The cockroach listened to Lee Gilyoung’s words like a well-behaved dog and disappeared into the darkness.

“My attribute is Insect Collector.”

“This is nothing in front of us. It is safe for 100 steps forward. Thank you for your concern. But I didn’t follow all of you for you to take care of me.”

“Ah, yes.”

"Damn, this kid is badass. Let me adopt him and make him into a fucking legend."

". . . wait, I don't like kids. Nevermind."

[You have entered a dangerous area.]

(Y/n) felt a cold hand grip on to hers. She flinched and nearly shout.

"Bloody hell, why does everyone here likes to touch me with their cold hands so suddenly? I thought you were a ghost." (Y/n) turned to Yoo Sangah who looked down in embarrassment, she was scared so she grabbed the hand of the nearest person to her.

“Yoo Sangah-ssi. It is dangerous to hold her hand while walking," Kim Dokja informed.

"Yea, I might use you as a shield when the monsters attacks."

(Y/n) laughed when Yoo Sangah let go of her and backs away.

"I'm kidding," (Y/n) said. Yoo Sangah sighed in relief.

"Reduce the light.” Kim Dokja ordered.

Yoo Sangah immediate covered the flashlight. Since the model didn’t have a light control function, she had to adjust the light with her hand.

“Ouch. Don’t shine it downwards.” Jung Heewon felt nauseous when she checked the ground. There were torn bodies. The bodies of those who tried to move through here were arranged at their feet.

Yoo Sangah closed her eyes tightly, Han Myungoh shook and even the bold Lee Hyunsung started sweating.

Lee Gilyoung was surprisingly calm, with not the slightest bit of fear on his face.

And (Y/n). . . she was counting the dead bodies on the ground.

“There is something that isn’t human.”

As Lee Gilyoung said, it wasn’t only the bodies of humans on the ground. There was something the size of a fully-grown wolf. The bodies of the mole-like creatures were scattered all over the place.

The 9th grade underground species, the ground rat. It was a name reminiscent of bug on Earth, but a name was just a name. They were underground piranhas. The ground rats were persistent hunters who burrowed through the ground in groups and aimed at their prey.

However, the ground rats collapsed like they had received a bombardment.

“…Who the hell did this?” Jung Heewon sighed.

"That was one hell of a mole-rat." (Y/n) muttered.

“Dokja-ssi, can we use this for food?”

“The scenario said that we have to ‘hunt’ it ourselves so maybe it isn’t possible.”

"I had a naked mole rat as a pet once, she was hit by truck and got isekaid to the world of Remarried Empress as Rashta, a runaway slave, homewrecker, and literal garbage. She was far better in her previous life."