Chapter 25: News

*Edited*

" Grace, I am so sorry. I never meant to scare you like that. For the first time since I met you, I lost my temper. I understand if you cannot forgive me, but please you have to wake up. Please." Grace could hear John's voice calling to her; it's distressed tone ripped her heart with the knowledge that she was the one causing the pain. But why was the pain there in the first place? She knew it was her fault but why was it her fault?

" Please, Angel. Wake up, come back to me." John's voice pleaded with her. Grace listened to him and tried to open her eyes, but they did not open.

" Move your hand, moan, anything! Please, Grace. Do something." John pleaded as he sat at the edge of her bed on a chair, holding her limp cold hand. Three days ago John had rushed out trying to find Grace, but when he eventually did. Night hand fallen and the air was chill-fully cold. John had found his wife laying unconscious on the cold forest floor, god only knows how long she had been laying there. He brought her back and called immediately for the doctor who came and examined Grace. His words were still trying to sink into John's mind, Grace would be fine. But it was that latter that was still not fully and completely grasp. John was pulled away from his thoughts when Grace's hand tighten around his slightly.

" Grace?" John whispered moving from the chair and onto the bed, he placed a hand gingerly onto her pale cold cheek and caressed his thumb over her smooth skin. Grace let out a groan as her eyes moved under their covers, a little noise emitted from her throat.

" That's it, Grace. Fight, come back to me." John spoke as he kissed her forehead softly and then pulled back. He brought her hand up and kissed her knuckles.

" Jo...hn?" She whispered tentatively.

" It's me, I am here. Open your eyes, darling." John whispered to her while moving his thumb lovingly over her cheek as she peeled open her eyes to look at her husbands face that was covered in relief.

" John?" Grace whispered with a weak voice.

" It's me." He whispered gently to Grace with a soft smile with tears pricking in his eyes and his voice cracking.

" What happened?" Grace asked as she pushed her weak body up with John's help. John moved a pillow against her back for support as he sighed heavily.

" We had an argument and I lost my temper. I said some horrible things to you, Grace. I am so sorry." John whimpered looking down as guilt washed over him. Grace reached for his hand and gave it a gentle squeeze; causing John too lift his gaze to her; a single tear fell from his eye. Grace smiled so softly that it sent warmth straight through his heart causing a massive smile to form on his lips.

" It's alright. I forgive you, my love." Grace smiled gently to him as she sighed as well. "I must apologise as well. I should not have kept my activities a secret from you." Grace told him as she remember what had caused the argument. John shook his head as the smile moved from larger to a small and gentle one.

" I have something to tell you." John spoke tenderly to her as his thumb caressed her knuckles. "But you must make me a promise first. Promise me, that you will not participate in herbs for the next year. After that, if you wish, you can go back to it."John said more seriously as he watched Grace's every facial expression.

" Why?" Grace asked with a confused look washed over her face, her eyebrows scrunched together causing John to chuckle lowly and shuffle closer to her.

" Grace, You have been unconscious for three days. I found you knocked out in the forest. When I brought you back I had the doctor take a look at you. To make sure you where alright." John said his voice shaking slightly. Grace could feel his nerves which instantly caused her nerves to fly about.

" John? Am I alright? What did he say?" Grace asked as her breathing began to shudder and her eyes darted around his face, trying to read him.

" Angel, calm down. Nothing is wrong with you." John calmed her down by taking both her hands into his and kissing them both with a gentle smile.

" Grace..." John began and was about to continue when the door burst open and Beth came rushing into the room, with a smile plastered on her face.

" Oh! Grace thank the lord you are well." Beth called as she flung herself onto the bed, pulling Grace into a tight embrace before pulling back with a scowl on her face. She looked like she was a mother about to scold her child from doing wrong.

" What were you thinking! Going out in the rain like that! You could have gotten yourself killed!" Beth lectured her as John chuckled at his sister.

" I am sorry. I did not mean to cause you such worry." Grace whispered with a gently blush forming on her cheeks. Beth giggled as Grace turned her head away trying to avoid Beth's gaze. Beth then reached over and place her delicate hand under Grace's chin, moving it so Grace was looking at her.

" All that matters now, is that you are well." Beth told her with a slight nodded before looking to her brother with a loving smile.

" Now, when you are ready. I was hoping you would join me in a walk. But for now I must see to a few things." Beth said giving Grace a quick hug and then John.

" Make sure you rest." She muttered before leaving the room once more leaving a stunned Grace behind.

" Beth was very worried about you." John said answering her unasked question. Grace nodded understanding as a silence fell over them, it was a comfortable silence as their eyes wondered around and eventually found each other.

" I love you." John whispered to her and moved closer to give her a gentle kiss.

" And I love you." Grace whispered into the kiss with a soft smile.

" Well I hope you can give your love to another as well." John whispered kissing her again.

" Mmh, mmh. What do you mean?" She asked pulling away from the kiss and looking at him confused.

" The doctor somewhat confirmed it." John whispered to her continuing to pepper kisses on her lips.

" Confirmed... what?" She asked between kisses as John gave her one long kiss with a deep husky chuckle.

" He says its too early to tell properly, but he believe that your going to be a mother." John said as Grace froze completely, her eyes wide with shock at his words.

" A... Mother? Me?" She asked almost too quietly to John. He reached up and placed a hand onto her cheek.

" Yes. You are with our child." John said as he bent down and kissed her clothed stomach.

" We are going to have a family." Grace smiled happily as everything slowly started to sink in. She flung herself forward and hooked her arms around his neck, hugging him tightly as he wrapped his arms around her waist and peppered her neck with soft kisses.

" Yes we are." John muttered lovingly to her as they both held each other in their arms.

" I promise." Grace whispered into his ear.

" I promise." She whispered again and drifted off into a calm sleep within John's arms, smiling with a happy chuckle joined by John.