Chapter 21: Getting Ready

*edited*

The warm water rippled around Grace's naked form as Cas rubbed oils and lotions all over her body, her hair pinned up; so not to get wet. Cas was humming a tune to herself as the other maids rushed around her room cleaning and getting everything she would need ready.

" What is that you are humming? I am sure I have heard it before." Grace asked gently as Cas poured a rose smelling substance into her shoulders and began to rub it over the rest of Grace's body.

" It's an old song written many years ago." She told her with a smile.

" Sing it for me, it may help calm my nerves." Grace told her softly as she continued to rub the substance into body.

" You will see the white wings of an angel, they bless the world at night." She sang in low tone, Grace immediately remember where she had heard that song. When she was younger, her father would sing this to her mother whenever he could.

"With love and hope they give to all. So we can sing and dance." Cas continued to sing as Grace remembered the last time she heard her father sing the song. She was looking through a crack in her bedroom door, it had been night time so her parents thought she was asleep as her father held her mothers hips gently. He looked down to her with gentle green eyes that held immeasurable love. His low voice so calm and affectionate to her mother as they swayed together. Her mother smiling so brightly as they shared this treasured moment with each other.

"But they blessed you very most, with beauty I can see. And though I may be miles away, your beauty still shines to me." Cas sang as she rinsed her clean skin through with water to rid it of the substance.

"Now you are my darling Angel sent, from the heavens above. For only me to love and hold, until my very last breath. " Grace sang with Cas in a higher pitch. They sang in a gentle in a perfectly balanced harmony, Grace allowed a single tear to fall as she remember her mother and father.

" There all done, now out you come." Cas told her as Grace nodded wiping away her tear and stood up to step out of the warm water. Cas wrapped a piece of cloth around her to take the water off that remained on her body. The door then opened to allow Wilma, Alice and Jane to walk into her room with boxes in the maids hands, who walked in behind them.

" Set 'em on the bed." Jane told the maids as Wilma smiled to Grace.

" Big day, are ya ready?" Wilma asked her with a large smile, Grace could only return half of the smile.

" Not as much as I wish to be." Grace admitted, maybe it was just her nerves acting up that caused this feeling to swell inside of her. But in a way, she was dreading the wedding and everything that this day would bring to her. Wilma chuckled and walked over to the bed and began to help the girls open the various boxes that where scattered on her large bed.

" Do not fret, it only be wedding tremors. Most brides experience such on their wedding day." She told her as Grace pulled on her undergarments; Wilma pushed her over to the vanity desk and sat her on the chair. Taking the pin from her hair too allow the red strands to fall down over her back. The gentle waves looked like a waterfall of flames as it drifted down her back.

" I have never seen such beautiful hair." Alice spoke as she stepped up on Wilma's right side.

" True be that." Jane spoke with a smile on Wilma's left, Jane handed Wilma a brush and soon they began to pin her hair up in many different styles. Grace liked them all, but was not happy with them completely as most were just a little too elaborate for her. Then fourth time lucky as Wilma pulled back the front sides of her red hair in twisted round to the back of her head, the rest of her red hair waved down the her back as she pinned small white orchid flowers along with a few tufts of white heather that had just been freshly picked that morning.