Chapter 2

Sasuke glared at the ceiling, holding his phone in his right hand, almost crushing it in the process.

"You are sleeping on the couch." The voice on the other line was confused, in utter disbelief. Sasuke gritted his teeth and snapped, careful to keep his voice down "Yeah, that's it, just keep reminding me in case I dare forget."

"You're sleeping on your couch" The voice still hadn't lost its amazed tone.

Sasuke wished he could throw the phone somewhere, but he really liked this phone. His mom got it for him for his birthday last year.

Sasuke and Naruto had bickered back and forth for close to thirty minutes about the sleeping arrangements. Finally the blonde had sighed in frustration and agreed. He then wished Sasuke a good night and went inside the room. Sasuke had gaped for five full minutes, and then proceeded to settle on the couch, pulling out the bed sheet that Neji had set aside for himself, all the while muttering expletives.

He sat on the couch with legs stretched out in front of him, making sure to tuck in the covers around himself, and that his legs were covered and fell back on the couch, outraged as hell, and nearly blacked out from a concussion. The damn couch was too fucking short! Swearing up a storm, under his breath, he shifted down so that his head was safely nestled on the couch cushion and his feet were the one to suffer. They were just feet. Stupid feet.

Sasuke was so focused on blaming all his misfortunes on the length of his feet that he almost jumped when he got a text. It was from Neji.

"Started molesting him yet?"

Sasuke wanted to ignore the text, or say something barbed and witty, but was too angry. He blamed his anger riddled brain for coming up with the absolutely stupid idea of speaking the truth.

"I'm on the couch tonight."

Sasuke had mistaken his best friend for a human being, and didn't expect the asshole to actually call him. Thus bringing him back to the present.

"you're sleeping on the couch in your own home?", Sasuke really wished Neji would stop using that tone. And that Neji was in his car while taking to him, and would drive off a cliff.

"Yeah, and your sister is a whore."

Neji, however just sounded amused, "I don't have a sister."

Sasuke growled. Stupid brain. stupid feet. "Whatever. I'm going to sleep."

"You mean try to sleep. You need years of adjusting to be able to actually sleep on 'the couch from hell'"

Sasuke growled once more, just in case Neji didn't get the point that he was angry, and cut the call.

His wanted to itch his feet, but was too lazy to get up, so he pulled his feet to him, itched and itched. When he went back to the old position, the sheets were all pulled up, so now his feet were cold.

Damn stupid fuckin –. He sat up, now even more angry, tucked his stupid, stupid feet in again and fell back. He took a small amount of satisfaction in the fact that his head was safe this time.

He wiggled his feet, rubbing them together to get rid of the itching. Damn it. Sasuke couldn't remember the last time he'd felt so angry at his feet. He got up again, intending to murder them by scratching. It was after another two minutes of furious scratching that he remembered.

Neji had, one night, dipped one of Sasuke's hands in a glass of water while he was sleeping. (Neji had called Sasuke Mr. Wet Pants for weeks after that). It had been payback for another prank that Sasuke had pulled on him. As retaliation, in true gentlemanly fashion, Sasuke had put plenty of itching powder on one end of Neji's blanket.