Ch : 28

A/N: I have truly messed up everything. The time and events are all up and down. DWD scams were released in 2021 but I wrote in 2020 POV. Also, his video and song schedule is messed up. But I couldn't plot the story without it so just don't mind it, please :)

Author's POV -

Time Lapse :

A few days went by, and something or the other kept happening, Janvi and Ajey's bond was much stronger now and she was welcomed by his family as their daughter.

Yash on the other hand told their mom about how Ajey was into Janvi and he frequently got teased by all of them, he acted irritated from the outside but just couldn't hide that weird sensation and smile that arose in his body by hearing her name.

The deadline for the time she asked from her dad was pretty close and she was worried about how to confront her dad, and she was even more anxious about the results that were going to be announced before all this.

Storyline Continued :

"You'll get good grades don't worry !" Ajey said eating chips.

"First of all, don't eat when your mouth is stuffed, you can choke and die, secondly it's disgusting and third and the main point here! I did terribly in my exams !!!!" She said sitting with her head on the desk which, by now, Ajey knew was her habit whenever she got tired.

"I don't know if I'll die eating chips but you will die today and I'm worried 'cause I'm not a doctor and Mom is not at home," Ajey said.

"Will you shut up for a minute?" Janvi said staring at him.

"Let's watch a movie," He said.

"Are you serious ?! My results will be out anytime soon !"

"It's nothing so great that you are wrong about this much you know."

"Have you ever been to college ?:

"No"

"You have your point invalid then"

"Just because I did not go to college doesn't means I did not bear pressure in my life"

"I didn't mean it that way and you are so dumb I don't even bother to explain to you what I meant"

To this, Ajey kept the packet of chips aside and went towards her.

"Me? Dumb ?" He said.

"Yeah! You! Dumb !" She answered.

He then started tickling her in the stomach standing a bit from his chair and leaning onto her. She started laughing and telling him to stop.

He stopped and said "On one condition, Say that you are dumb"

"You are dumb," Janvi said laughing.

"Not me! You! Janvi is dumb !" He said.

"You are dumb" Janvi repeated and stood up running away from him. Putting a chair in between them, while Ajey tried catching her. She ran again but was caught by him and she started laughing even before he tickled her.

To their bad, her phone rang at the same moment.
And she went to pick it up smiling while Ajey sat on his chair eating the chips he left behind.

"WHAT ?!" She said and urgently cut the call.

Ajey choked at her scream but she did not care.

"What the fuck! You could have killed me !" He said.

Meanwhile, she who was on her phone with a tense expression stayed quiet.

"What happened ?" He asked. Not gaining a reply from her, he took her phone in his own hands and seeing the results which were out he went silent as well.

He looked at her and she was already in tears.

"Hey..." He said

"No... I'm fine" she said wiping her tears. "Just drop me home," she said.

"Janvi... it's just one result of your life. Does it matter this much ?" He said.

"I could have done better! Everything would have been better! But Then... Samarth and Dad and things and things !" She said.

"I know okay ?"

"Drop me home or I'll go myself," she said.

"Fine..." he said moving out.

He dropped her home and insisted to be with her for a while more but she disagreed and went alone so he had to come back.

At his home, he encountered Yash.

"She went so early today... did something happen ?" Yash asked Ajey and he told him how her results got out.

"It wouldn't be worse than yours though," He said laughing.

"Yeah but... failing in even one subject means a lot for a person as studious as her, and she got average to low scores in other subjects so..." He told him with a sad expression.

"Don't worry, she will be fine, once we get rid of her dad. She will have less pressure" he said.

Ajey just hummed back and walked to his room and started spamming Janvi with calls and texts. But for some time it rang and the others went busy and finally, she switched off her phone.

He was worried and so he decided to meet her as soon as possible the next morning and also thought of an idea to make her feel better.

He went to Yash's studio and insisted he compose and write a song with him for her motivation, to which Yash agreed and they decided to work on it the next day as well.

A/n: As you could have figured out by now, today's chapter isn't written well.
It's because I ate two Ice-Creams today and now my head is aching badly with a blocked nose 🙂🔫

But as to compensate,

I have posted the First Chapter of the New Book "The Duff". You guys can check it out 👁👄👁